Chapter 27: Modern Day Life Lesson Twenty Six

A/N: Ayyyy second part, Chapter 25 here we go!!!

It was twenty minutes after the ceremony now, and all the students, changed into their sports uniform, were already gathered on the exercise yard, preparing for the races that would begin in about fifteen minutes. The students were randomly divided into four groups, Blue, Red, White, and Yellow team. Each team would compete with one another in order to win the Grand Prize at the end of the competitions. And now, the first part of the competition was about to start.

"Hm, can't believe Betty is this unfortunate to be in the same team as you, in fact." Beatrice said with her arms folded. "Aw don't say that Bea-ko! You know we'd make an awesome team! Hora, think about all those things we've done together as a team! We're invincible!!" Subaru said, patting her on the head, and she slapped his hand away, annoyed. "Where is the complaint box, in fact?? The authorities should punish whoever made Betty and this annoying thing in the same group and partners for the race, Betty supposes!! Unacceptable, in fact!!" Beatrice shouted, glaring at Subaru, who was snickering back at her.

"Hoho, so, you're saying, you want the authorities, which basically means me as I am one of the organizers of the event, to punish myself, who did the groupings and pairings justly? Hm hm hm, I like your logic." Subaru said, his brows raised, looking down at Beatrice, who turned away with gritted teeth. "Betty shall get back to you later, Betty supposes!!" She snapped. "Beatrice-sama and Subaru-kun look really happy, don't they?" Rem said to Aya, who were both in the Blue team and standing the closest to them. "They sure do, Rem-san." She replied, smiling. "We should show them our spirits as well!! We won't lose to Team Yellow just because they have Natsuki-senpai!!" Aya said, holding her fists tightly before her chest, and Rem returned her determination with a similar gesture.

On the other side of the Yellow team, the team members of the Red team gathered and did their warmups. "Ha, looks like we've got all the elites here." Ram said smugly as she looked around the team. They had Aki and Haruka, who were both basically the top at sports, Hinata, who also had above average physical abilities, some other students from the track and field team and basketball team, and of course, Ram herself. "Don't get too happy, those people are good but they lack the ability to cooperate." Kotoha said darkly, and Yui nodded beside her. "That's why our school never wins any prizes when it comes to cooperative competitions like relay races." Yui said. Ram shrugged and continued scanning her teammates with her eyes, and the other two laughed.

On the farthest left side was the White team. They were also doing warmups, and their team leader was giving them the pep talk. "It's finally starting!! I'm feeling like I'm bursting with excitement!!" Nico shouted, shaking Shiori with her eyes turning into stars. "Yeah I'm super hyped too!! Can't wait for it to start!! And I have a feeling that we're gonna beat them all!! We might not be the strongest but I know we're the best at cooperation!!" Shiori shouted back, laughing. The White team consisted mostly of Shiori's friends, and as Shiori's greatest hobby was organizing things, everyone who was a friend of her all possessed an oddly high ability to work as a team. "That's right!! We as individuals might be nothing, but we as a team will be the greatest!!" Emilia said firmly, and the two girls nodded vigorously. "Oi~~ Shiori-san!! Come here for a sec!!" The leader called over the crowd of students to her, waving. "Okay coming!!" Shiori called back and hurried to the front. Looking at everyone else on the field, Emilia smiled. "It's finally happening, Subaru. Your hard work is finally paying off!" Emilia whispered to herself as the commentator announced that the first race, the three-legged race, would start in five minutes.

"Ohayougozaimasu mina-san!! Today's commentary will be delivered to you by us, the Kakuma brothers!! This is Kakuma Kenta!"
"This is Kakuma Kenya!"
"This is Kakuma Kenshi! Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!!" The Kakuma brothers greeted everyone through the microphone in unison. The three commentators of the day were triplets, all of whom had silky black hair that was combed into different directions and wore heavy black frame glasses, which gave them a rather nerdy impression. However, their passion for race commentary was greater than any other. After they finished their self-introduction, the referee walked up to the tracks, and the first two runners of each team went to their spots, waiting. "The three-legged race this year is a bit different from past years, don't you think?" Kenta started off the commentary with a question, which brought the attention of the audience to the first runners of each team. "Naturally, after all, this year's main focus of the races is to match the snowy situation we face." Kenya replied, and Kenshi grabbed the mic and shouted. "This year's competitions are races combined with snow and ice!! So, the three-legged race? No no, it's three-legged skiing race this year!!" Kenshi shouted, and at this, the referee fired his starting gun, and the race began.