07

• 07 - BE SICK OF THE SIGHT OF •
Sense of dislike.

| Nisha's POV |

"I'm really sorry guys. I didn't even defend you all to that Abby and her friends." Naomi said and duck her head at the process.

We are now already in our dorm, here in our mini dining area after that commotions at the middle of the hallways and our conversation finds its way to what happened a while ago.

"It's okay beside you shouldn't be in this mess. What happened earlier is enough." I said smiling at her.

"It's just, that Abby is getting in my nerves. How can she and her group blocked us in the hallways and calls us weak? If I really didn't hold myself. I might curse at her." Naomi claimed as her eyes rolls. By the mention of 'curse' makes me think that there's more meaning about that. I just gave her a smile to say that it's fine and it cause her to sigh before nodding her head.

I gaze to South. "Who really are they anyway?" I asked curiously and I also saw how Naomi looks at South to wait for her to answer.

"Abby, the daughter of Melpomene. Top 2 in the whole class of Virgo. Axlle and Hazel, both children of Euterpe. Axlle is top 5 while Hazel is top 8. They are known here as children of songs, poetry and tragedy or entertainment since it is what they're parents are." South replied sipping on her drink after she just finished eating.

Euterpe, one of the Mousai. Goddess or protector of songs and elegiac poetry.

"Uhm.. can someone explain about the system here? Like how to get to that top ranking?" now it is Naomi's turn to ask that South quickly replied.

"Every year, there's this Máchi Katátaxis or the ranking battle for every students in classes Virgo and Ursa since we are so many. By that we will know our sections.

Máchi Katátaxis, it is when the students in classes Virgo and Ursa show their powers, abilities, potential and intelligence. It is not all about fighting alone to the creature that the academy will assign but also how you will answer every questions or riddles. The claiming ceremony happened today so maybe the ranking battle will happen on saturday or monday so we better train."

Me and Naomi nod in sync. So this school have that kind of way to know the every students' potential and how well they fight. I really thought at first that we were going to answers some test papers to know our sections or something but then I remember.. this school is way different to what I used to be in mortal realms.

Not that long, South continued after me and Naomi digest everything she said. "In case of sections, did you see the silver piece of cloth beside Abby's and her friend's pins? We call it Síma or badge. The color silver means they are in the first section here in Class Virgo last year though it is a stupid thing for them to wear it until now when we know there's still ranking battle and everything can change.

Anyway, in classes Virgo and Ursa, there are 10 to 15 sections each and just like what I said silver is the first section and if there's no changes of number of sections, the last section would be gray. Actually, there are the elite section here and the color of their badge is gold and that is what Abby and her friends dreamt to have."

My brows furrowed. The badge that Abby and her friends dreamt to have? Suddenly, I remember Luana, or should I say the Class Hydra. Yesterday and awhile ago, I noticed the piece of cloth just beside their pins and it is gold.

"Class Hydra." I uttered and South nod her head.

"You're right. Remember what I told you awhile ago in ceremonial hall? There are just 9 of them but they are strong than hundreds or maybe thousands of warriors. Intelligent like Athena herself and the fact that one of them is her daughter."