[ Chapter 29 - Joey Juarez ]

Edward's case had been approved. 

The trial was going to be held next week, Monday. I had just called Ace so we could set up a time and talk about how we were going to bring Edward here to New York from London. He said he was going to be free during lunch so I made sure I was free as well. 

We agreed to meet at the Starbucks near the Vandia Main Hospital so that it would be easy for him to get back to work if there was an emergency. 

When I got there I found him sitting at a table for two besides the window. He was in his scrubs without his lab coat and yet he looked stunningly handsome. I waved away the thought thinking he only looked good due to the lighting coming from outside the window. His jet black hair was gelled back, a few strands falling on his forehead. He wore a Rolex watch and his ring, our engagement ring, was visible too. I could have mistaken him for a nurse if I had not known him.

 He was on a call but when I approached him he immediately ended it. There were already two cups of coffee on the table. He gave me a nod before I sat down. 

"It's Caramel Macchiato with chocolate syrup," he pushed a cup towards me. 

He still remembered my go-to drink. I shrugged off the thought when I recalled that he can easily remember things, even to the most minor details. He wouldn't have become a great surgeon if he didn't have that ability. 

"Thank, so how are we bringing Edward here?" I asked in a diplomatic manner. 

"I'm pretty sure that a lot of people already know about our wedding," he stated and I frowned. 

"How is that connected?"

He sighed as if he was explaining a topic to a kid, it made me feel dumb. 

"It means that even if we travel together, it should not raise a question in the minds of Macklet, and whoever is on his team," he took a sip of his drink and I nodded. 

"But wouldn't it be obvious if we head for London? They know that he is being held there," I pointed out. 

"Not unless we take a flight to another country and from there we would use a private plane to get to London. Of course, there is still the risk that there is a spy at the Nightingale Hospital but we just have to risk it, we are already at the final lap anyway," he bit his lower lips which I found a little attractive. I shook my head a little to drop the thought.

"Of course, even if you don't want to go, I will still go," he seemed to provoke me. 

"I am going, I wouldn't even be having this conversation with you if I was not," I smirked and he simply nodded. 

"I will book a flight then, I'll just message you where it is-"

"Book a flight to Italy so that I could peak at the Hospital I am in charge of while we are at it," I requested. He didn't give any sign of disapproval, instead, he simply nodded.