♡ Chapter Six ♡

Adora's POV ♡

Tonight was absolutely crazy. First was that girl stealing my money,then watching Mean Girls again,THEN seeing the three Chad's beating up the girl and then taking her home so she could clean up and sleep here. I felt oddly drawn to the female,not in...that way obviously but y'know,there was something odd about her and I wanted to know what it was,but the girl seemed so standoffish that I really couldn't start a conversation with her.

Uuugghhh why was it so hard to talk to girls?!

I sighed softly as I plopped myself onto my mattress,my cheek squishing up against the fluffy pillow. I smile softly and throw the blanket over me,drifting out if consciousness and into dreamworld.

****

The next morning,I wake up to the sun shining through my thin,white curtains and onto my face. I squint my eyes open and slowly sat up,yawning and stretching my arms in the air. I moved the thick blanket off of my lower body and sit on the edge of the bed,my feet gently touching the cold wooden floor. I slowly stand up and walked out of my room and into an empty living room.

"Huh,she must've left already.. "

I think to myself and only 5 seconds later did I hear clattering from the kitchen. I cock a brow at the noise and tip toe my way into the kitchen,peeking my head in. And there she was. Catra,pulling out a pan and pancake batter from the cabinets. Her long hair was untamed and frizzy,the bruise on one of her eyes already seemed to be getting smaller and more purple,but that didn't matter. Her figure shined gently in the warm sunlight through the kitchen window,reflecting her thin but muscular build. She was so-

"Ya done checking me out,blondie?"

She asked me as she held up a spatula in her hand,looking at me with a cocked brow. I feel my face immediately heat up a crimson color and stand up straight, clearing my throat.

"I-I wasn't checking you out,pfft why would I do that? Thats- pfft silly!"

I say nervously,my face only becoming hotter as I waved off her question with my hand. Already I turned into a dumb jock,great. Catra let out a laugh before walking over and gently slapping my nose with the spatula,making me gasp softly at her actions.

"Don't deny it,you were checking me out. Simple."

She teased,snickering at me evilly as she walked over to the stove and began making the pancake batter. I clear my throat again and walk over to her,my thumbs twiddling together as I looked down at her.

"Uhm do you need help making uh,breakfast??"

I asked,my brows furrowed together with slight anxiety. The tan skinned female smiled up at me,her good lemon eye gleaming up at me. Wow,talk about smiling girls being pretty.

"Sure,you can make scrambled eggs can you?"

She asked,causing me to heat up in slight confusion and embarrassment before nodding my head quickly as I began getting another pan and eggs. I worked quickly as I immediately turned the stove on high and cracked the eggs into the heating up pan.

Later in,maybe 25 minutes later,the pancakes and scrambled eggs were finished, setting down the food on the table. I quickly make us a glass of milk,walking back over to the table and handing her a glass. I noticed her pupils growing a little larger and and taking the glass from me,our hands brushing gently together. I blushed up a bit but laughed it off as I saw her face reaction as she immediately began drinking the milk. I sit down across from her and took a bite from my pancakes before I asked :

"Uhm I hope this doesn't sound hurtful,but why did you steal my money? I mean,if you had asked,I would've given you money.."

I say quietly, looking down at my plate nervously, trying to push down my anxiety by eating my food. Catra stopped drinking the milk as I asked that question, setting the glass down next to her plate.

"I'm homeless and broke,I was kicked from my foster home when I turned 18 years old. I didn't trust anyone and I didn't like asking for things I 'didn't deserve' so that's why I stole from you,guess I didn't know I'd be fucking with a badass blondie."

She said jokingly at the end to lighten up my nervous aura,but it sadly didn't help. Homeless? Foster home? Broke?! Why the hell didn't I see this before?? I looked up at the female with a concerned look,gripping my fork tightly.

"I'm sorry that happened to you,I have no idea what that's like. But uhm,if you want,you can stay here with me and I'll help you get a job!"

I offered to her,my face looked hopeful. Catra's face expression seemed from casual to shocked within 3 seconds,her brows raised high. Oh no,did I say the wrong thing? Is she weirded out? Oh nooo,I shouldn't have said anythi-

"You promise?"

She asked in a low voice,gripping her fork tightly as she looked down at her plate. The young female looked as though she was silently crying,my heart aching in sympathy.

"I promise."

I respond to her question, a smile creeping up on my face. Catra looked up at me and smiled,a small tear seemed to be running down her cheek,not noticing it until later. Once she did realize it,she blushed up in embarrassment and wiping the tear,causing me to laugh softly at her sudden embarrassment.

And after that agreement, we just ate our breakfast in silence as the sun grew higher and higher in the sky,time going by ever so slowly.

Hi hi! Sorry this chapter is a little shorter than I wanted it to be,but I ran out of ideas 😂. Anyways,I might be offline for a hot second but I hope it won't be long. Much love!

- Les