39: Confessions to my Angel

After finishing dinner, we paid the bill and got out of the restaurant.

"Care for a walk?", He asked me.

I nodded and we made our way towards the nearby park together.

The cool wind made the leaves rustle and in the dead of the night, the sound of our footsteps resonated in the quiet park.

The park was empty but held a looming feeling of warmth and comfort for no reason.

Was it because my heart wasn't empty?

"You didn't do Mr Chen good today.", I crossed my arms looking at him seriously.

"He was annoying. Besides how dare he go on a date with my wife? He should bear the consequences.", He huffed, running his hands through his hair.

"You are such a devil, Jimin.", I told  shaking my head.

"A devil? That's something new. What makes you think so?"

"You are a devil because you interrupted my date, humiliated me in public and even forced me to go on a date with you. You did everything without my approval."

He paused for a moment. Slowly, his hands made their way to my face and he tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Then, do you regret it?", He said, his eyes flashing with mischief and a bit of worry as well.

Because of his sudden act, my mind went blank and my brain stopped functioning momentarily making my heart go wild.

"W-What?", I asked stepping back, trying to maintain some distance between us.

Instead of understanding my intention, he walked even more nearer to me. He brought his face closer to mine and told, "I asked if you regret it."

"I...", I blinked my eyes trying to utter a response but it was as if I had suddenly turned into a statue.

Then, his lips broke into a gorgeous smile and his eyes disappeared making him appear even more beautiful.

"From your response, it doesn't seem like you regret it.", He told.

Breathe in, breathe out. Calm down, y/n. Just a smile, just a smile.

"I like it.", He said.

"What?", I asked, puzzled.

"I like the new nickname you gave me. A devil."

"Why are you so happy to be a devil?", I questioned raising my eyebrow.

"What's the fun in being an angel anyways?", He let out a chuckle.

"Why don't you want to be an angel and go through such devilish ways? Be actually civilized?", I told him rolling my eyes.

He held my hand and asked, "You know one interesting fact?"

"What?", I told.

"Angels can hurt you for the world. But devils will hurt the world for you. So, I am more than willing to be your very own devil.....", He said.

"W-when did you learn to be such a smooth talker?", I said getting flustered.

"You have to learn it when you want to pursue your woman. ", He responded.

"You-Who is your woman?", Blush crept on my cheeks and I looked away to avoid his intense gaze.

"Ask my heart.", He said bringing my hands to his heart slowly.