22

Jax's POV

"Ryder got a bad score on a test," Liam says without missing a beat. "He doesn't want to talk about it." I'll give it to Liam, he was a pretty good liar but I could still tell he was lying. I let it slide though because I had a pretty good idea what they were talking about before I walked in.

So instead of staring an unnecessary fight, I simply roll my eyes and walk to my bed. I lay down on my back and stared up at the celling.

The air was tense and for a while no one moved or talked until Callum finally decided he couldn't take the silence anymore.

"What movie do you want to watch?" He asked as he got up from his bed and went over to the small TV. I thought his question was directed to Liam or Ryder so I kept quite and closed my eyes, hoping for a quick nap.

"Um, Earth to Jax," Callum said making me open my eyes. I couldn't help but jump slightly when I open my eyes to see Callum's face inches away from mine.

"What do you want?" I asked, not being able to keep the annoyance out of my voice.

"What movie do you want to watch?" He repeated, his voice still calm and his face not moving away from mine.

"I don't watch movies," I tell him, as I grab his face and push it back away from me. "And you need to learn what personal space is."

"How do you not watch movies?" He asks as he begins moving back towards the TV, completely ignoring my second sentence.

"Because some of us have actual lives and can't spend all their time watching movies."

"So you haven't seen any of the classics?"

"Nope," I say as I close my eyes again.

"Then we're watching Jaws," he said, his smile slipped into his voice.

"No!" Ryder said quickly, shooting up from Liam's side. "You know I hate that movie!"

"You secretly love it," Callum said in a dismissive tone as he continues messing with the TV.

"You say that every time you want to watch this movie and I end up hating it more by the end."

"Fine," he sighed out. "Then what do you want to watch?"

Even though my eyes were closed I could almost see the smile cross Ryder's face as he jumped up out of his bed. Liam was probably pouting due to his boyfriend leaving him.

I heard Callum groan as he plopped down on the bed with Liam.

"How many times have we watched this one this month?" He asked, annoyance slipping into his tone and for once it didn't seem fake.

"How many times have we seen Jaws," Ryder shot back.

"None! I kept trying to watch it but you made me change it before we even got to the thirty minute mark."

"That's because that movie is terrible," he grumbled under his breath but Callum heard him anyway.

"And this isn't?"

Things happened quickly after that.

A gasp came from Ryder as he turned around quickly. I could practically hear the 'oh shit' echoing in Callum's head. The only thing that could be heard was the sound of Ryder's quiet stomps as he marched towards his boyfriend. A slap echoes through the room making my eyes shoot up as I look over at the pair.

I calm down a bit when I see Ryder straddling his boyfriend while he playfully hits him over and over while Callum tries to catch his hands.

"Take it back!"

"No, you know I'm right," Callum says when he finally catches Ryder's hands.

"Alright, alright," Liam says as he pulls Ryder off of Callum. "That's enough of that. We'll watch Jaws next."

The room goes silent as the first words of the movie seeps out of the small TV's speakers just as the lights above us suddenly flipped off, plunging us into darkness.

I peak up at the TV just as the title card flashes the words 'Love, Simon' before I close my eyes again. I wasn't really tired but since this was probably going to be some rom-com I didn't care enough to sit u and watch it.

I heard Callum groan with annoyance while Ryder shushed him and what sounded like someone getting off the bed. I figured it would be Callum since he hated this movie he probably wouldn't want to watch it and go sit down on his bed.

A few seconds later I feel the foot of my bed dip down.

"What are you doing?" I asked, expecting to hear Ryder's voice since he's the only one so far who has had the balls to sit on my bed.

"Ryder's bed got kinda crowded," Liam explained, causing my eyes to spring open. He sat cross-legged on the very edge of the bed; I could tell he was trying very hard to not fall off right now.

I peaked over to Ryder's bed to see Callum stretched out, taking up almost the whole bed while Ryder sat in between his legs with his back to Callum's chest. Liam wasn't kidding; there was no way he was getting a seat on that bed anymore.

With a small sigh I scoot to the end farthest away from the TV and motion for Liam to sit on the other side.

He seems a bit surprised but scoots back against the headboard anyway. His back is stiff and he looked a little uncomfortable. His usual Liam confidence seemed to have been left on Ryder's bed but I didn't see the point in commenting on it so I just laid back down again as I stared up at the celling.

"Have you seen this one before," Liam asked after a while of being quiet.

"Nope, I don't watch movies."

"You might want to watch this one. I think you would like it."

I wanted to tell him to fuck off while I pushed him off my bed but the little voice in my head reminded me of the 'talk' I just had with Andrew.

According to him I can't get into another fight for at least another 6 months or I'm off to jail. And his definition of fight was not like my definition of fight. To him any sort of violent act or altercation was considered a fight so I had to be careful from now on.

At this point I'm sure if someone didn't like me they could just tell a guard that I pushed them and I would be in the first police car out of here.

So instead of push him off the bed I asked, "What's it about?"

"It's about a guy who is gay and meets someone online and they get really close."

"So it's a gay rom-com?" A bit of irritation slipped into my voice. I get that they were gay but did everything about them have to remind me of it?

"Pretty much, yea," Liam said with a small chuckle, which made me smile. Even he admitted it wasn't the best movie. "But Ryder loves it so we put up with it."

"How many time have you seen it this month?"

"At least five times all the way through. We've seen the beginning more times though. Ryder tends to fall asleep around halfway through so we turn it off after that."

I only smile at his answer and shake my head. Back before my mom left we use to watch movies every weekend. My mom would pick stupid movies and would fall asleep twenty minutes in so my dad would pick her and carry her to their bedroom so she could sleep. When he came back we would change the movie to something that mom said wasn't fit for a 7 year old. When my mom would ask in the morning how the movie was my dad and I would look at each other, smile, and say it was great and she would be sad she missed it.

That was in the good years before my dad lost his job, before they started fighting every night, before I started getting trouble in school.

"I'm sorry," I whispered to Liam after being quiet for a moment. "I didn't mean to hurt you."

"It's okay," he said without a second of hesitation. "I know you didn't."

This was just a filler but I hoped you all liked it. The next chapter should be more plot based and will invlove a certain someone. Thank you all for 21,000 reads! You are the only reason this story is still being written.