chapter 2

Gabriel's pov:

After enjoying breakfast, we leave for the office discussing the next meeting we'll be having on the way.

Once we're there, we get into the meeting room on the 15th floor and start the reunion.
_________________

"Now that both of the parties agree with the terms of the deal we'll set another appointment to close it" I inform Blake Anderson the head of Anderson's company as we exit the meeting room.

I catch him taking glances at Andrea and an idea comes to my mind and start executing it with a smirk "do you have a crush on her or something? I saw you staring a couple of times" I assume.

He looks at me, not bothered with my comment, and replies " It's not a crush. You know I don't do crushes, she's a pretty lady that I can't miss"

I roll my eyes mentally and offer smiling " I can arrange a date for you two. I'm sure she wouldn't mind "

"Who wouldn't mind what? " We all look at Andrea who's standing behind me observing with her neck bent to the side.

"Speaking of the devil" I whisper, but by the look she gave me she has heard.

"I was telling Mr. Anderson here that you would love to go on a date with him. I know you've been feeling lonely lately" I finish with a sad expression trying my best to seem serious.

She chokes on air and coughs for a whole minute then gets herself composed and states while looking me dead in the eyes "I don't think Mr. Anderson concurs with the date Mr carter"

" How can I refuse to go on a date with a charming girl like you?" He leans, grabs her hand and kisses it "it would be my pleasure actually"

Andrea smiles and talks hesitantly " If you say so then, why not?"
___________________

I'm sitting in my room going through some business papers and trying to focus.

I turn my phone on to see the time and turn it off. As I register that I didn't catch the timing for some odd reasons. I check again to find it 7 pm.

Suddenly the door swings open appearing Andrea looking ravishing in a red velvet dress. I check her out, obviously to see the dress and then speak sweetly ignoring the fact that she looks stunning"did your parents teach you what knocking is? "

She smiles sweetly and mimics my voice "I can ask you the same, Gaby" I groan when hearing the nickname as I got tired of telling her not to use it.

"If you're done training for the worst groan competition, can you zip my dress? " She asks turning her back to me and taking her hair from her back.

I step closer and reach for the zipper while saying " Why do you look like that though? "

I finish zipping the dress and she still didn't reply. Probably thinking I'm teasing her.

She walks to the door and before she leaves I confess " You look beautiful, love" She halts, looks back with a genuine smile on her face, says "thank you" And takes off.
_________________

I throw the ball up and wait for it to come down by mother gravity to do the same thing again.

I hear the door opening and check the time on my bedroom wall, 10:53 pm. Well, about time.

I stay there, lazily laying in my bed contemplating whether I should use my remaining energy to make sure Blake didn't kill her or vise versa, you would never know, or keep laying in my comfy bed.

I didn't contemplate for too long, because the next thing I see is Andrea slumping straight on the bed and screaming in the pillow she grasped.

"You seem like you enjoyed the lovely date" I tease looking at the roof and putting my hand under my head for support.

"I'm gonna kill you, later because now I'm too tired and my feet are killing me" she complains still not looking up from the pillow.

She doesn't stop there and finishes rolling on her back "it was horrible. The worst date I have ever been to. he wouldn't stop blabbing about how incredible he is and how girls always throw themselves on him while being so rude to the server. God that was so embarrassing"

As I felt bad for pranking her, I say trying to cheer Her up " Do you want to grab lunch sometime? "

She shoots Her head up while grinning like crazy and says " Is Gaby asking me on a date? Ooow, is gabby feeling bad for what he did? "

" Don't make me regret feeling bad for what I did, Andy " I threaten, feeling good when her smirk falls replaced with an annoyed expression at the mention of her wholly nickname.

The next day...

Once we were up, thankfully no pranks were done that morning, we went to work and started the day in the office.

Now, I'm finishing some work before I go to Andrea's office to inform her that we are going for lunch.

Once that's done, I exit the building alongside Andrea as we leave for a small coffee shop I saw down the road.

The minute we set foot into the store, We are welcomed by the aroma of coffee. we sit at a table of two beside the glass. Andrea facing the view of the street when I can see the inside of the shop.

I have a small talk with Andrea scrolling down my phone in the process, then look up a bit annoyed at the fact that we still didn't have our orders yet. I turn my gaze to the cash register and leave it there longer than intended as I check the girl behind the machine.

She had shoulder-length sandy blond hair, her eyes were a mesmerizing shade of green. I move my eyes lower, pointy small nose, full lower lip, and... The girl suddenly turns her head towards me and I look away before I creep her out.

I bring my attention back to Andy and ask lying my back on the chair and putting my hands behind my head "how are you finding the date, love?"

She looks at me upset and says "I don't know, but you ignoring my presence since we left the company gave it a romantic touch"

I lean closer into the table and speak acting hurt "You just want attention, you don't want my heart"

She looks at me blankly at first then starts laughing heartedly making me feel satisfied with the joke, and making my lips curl into a smile.

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .