Chapter 4

My hand dug deep into the Pringles can to get another stack of the addicting crisps for likely the 10th time in 10 minutes.

I was comfort eating.

I was tucked up in front of the television, wearing my pajamas even though it was 5 o clock in the afternoon. I was proudly wearing my dinosaur slippers which I had cocked up on the sitting-room table. I really should be getting on with some homework, but it was only Tuesday and the week already felt too long and I needed some well-deserved time off.

As I was munching away, my mum poked her head around the door.

"Hey Mia, dinner will probably be ready in an hour. I just thought I'd let you know, in case you want to ease up on the snacks," she said observing my slob like behavior in concern.

"Eh," I grunted out too lazy to speak words.

"Oh, mum I forgot to tell you Chloe and May are coming over later for a sleepover. Is that okay?" I said turning to look at her.

"Yeah, no worries," she said heading back to the kitchen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I swivelled around on my desk chair, while May and Chloe lay sprawled out on my bed.

"I'm bored," I whined.

"Can I do your guys' makeup?" Chloe said leaping up with excitement and clapping her hands.

"NO," me and May said quickly.

We learned our lesson from the last time never to let her near our face again. To put it in short, Chloe was not the best at makeup. She may be incredibly stunning, but this had no reflection on her skills in makeup.

"Why don't we do dares?" May said looking up at us with a mischievous twinkle in her eyes.

Normally, I would have shut her down almost immediately, but I had reached a new level of boredom and I was willing to give her game a shot. May smirked as I nodded my head.

"Chloe?" May said, looking over at Chloe for confirmation.

"Yeah, I guess..." Chloe said not sounding too keen.

We all proceeded to get in a circle, and I grabbed a plastic water bottle from my nightstand and placing it in the middle of our circle.

May spun the bottle and we watched it spin around before it finally stopped. We followed the end of the bottle to see it was pointing at me.

May seemed very happy with the bottle's decision and proceeded to clear her throat. I suddenly had regrets about deciding to play this game, I forgot how crazy May's dares could be.

"Hmmm...Let me think......" she said tapping her chin in thought. Her eyes suddenly lit up as an idea sprung to mind.

"I dare you to sneak into Ethan Blythe's house and steal one of his hoodies," May said boldly, with an evil grin on her face.

The room went utterly silent. I patiently waited for May to burst out laughing and admit that she was joking. But that was not the case and she continued to stare at me expectantly. Realizing she was being serious I widened my eyes. 

"WHAT? You can't be serious. I'm pretty sure that it is illegal May. Are you insane?" I said my eyes drifting over to Chloe in desperation, hoping she would back me up.

"I don't know Mia it might be a good idea. Think about it the dude has publicly embarrassed you 3 times in the-span-of 48 hours. You've been moaning about all night. He kind of deserves it don't you think?" Chloe said with a deadly serious expression on her face.