So, I Have Stuff To Say...

I know you guys are super hyped to read Part Three, and I was super hyped to write it. But I wanted to say a few things.

I've had a few (I'm not going to say a TON--because that would be lying) people tell me I was a great author, and then follow by asking how I get my ideas.

A lot of people on Wattpad are writers, or want to write, so I felt that doing this was the right thing. I want to give you some encouragement and tell you about my writing journey. If you don't want to read it, that's totally fine, but if you do--thank you!

Alright! So when I was younger I wrote and told stories all the time, but I didn't really see it as a profession. Therefore, I wanted to be Veterinarian--even though people were constantly telling me I should be an author. (Jeez dense 5-10 year old me!)

A TON of years later, I decided that "Hey, maybe I should be an author". So that's where this began. My sister introduced me to Wattpad, and ever since then I was like "YESSSSS, I GET TO WRITE WITHOUT PEOPLE KNOWING WHO I AM AND POTENTIALLY MAKING FUN OF MY WORK!"

I fell in love with KOTLC and a few other fandoms around this time, so I was writing stories for those things. I'd already written an original short-story that I won a writing contest with, and I had so many other ideas for stories.

Other than fan-fictions, I write (or try to) original stories with my own characters. I've had many ideas in the past, and a lot of them just flop and I literally scream and throw my note-book across the room. 

Not to get all negative, but there are tons of times where I just ask myself if I really should be an author because I can't come up with any good ideas most of the time. I get writers block EVERY SINGLE DAY and I also have a life to live outside of notebooks, drawings, and laptops. (Sad, but true)

I'm working on an original story that I plan to get FOR REAL published, but that's a little hard for my age. (LOL) But the thing is, the moment when I want to quit and give up, are honestly the moments where everything comes together. Sure, doubting yourself sounds a little harsh--and I'm not saying that you should make it an everyday habit--but it's okay to feel unsure and scared about your writing.

So...I have some advice for all you guys that want to be a writer/author:

1. Your only judge is yourself, if you think your writing is good--it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks. If someone tells you to stop, don't listen. Practicing makes you better, and the more you keep writing, the better you'll get.

2. Get out. Please don't stay cooped up in your house on Youtube, Wattpad, Instagram, etc. all the time. Take a walk. It clears your mind and brings new ideas to your head for your story. Some of the greatest ideas I've written for Fallin' For You have come from things I've seen in real life.

3. Be yourself. This kind of goes without saying. Don't copy someone else's work. It might seem like a good idea at first, but it's going to get you into trouble in the long-run.

4. If you have an idea, WRITE IT DOWN. I regret every moment when I don't write down an idea. I don't have a bad memory, but I have other things I need to focus on sometimes. I try to keep a notebook with me at all times (and sometimes I don't) so if I have an idea at any point of the day, I can write it down to look at later.

5. Do writing challenges. Type into Google: "Writing prompts" or "Dialogue Prompts". This is just to keep your mind in the WRITING setting. You start with the prompt and then make your own story from there. It really helps.

6. Take advantage of writers block. I know it sounds stupid, but it's true. This pretty much is a recap of point 2. If you spend all of your time beating yourself up and screaming, "UGH!!!!" You'll get nowhere. (Believe me, I've done it more times than I'd like to admit) So, crush-writers block by doing something fun and enjoyable--other than writing. 

7. Have fun. I know this sounds like one of those cheesy sports things where they're like: "It's not about winning, it's about having fun". (I totally don't agree with that by the way. Winning is FUN) ANYWAY....but seriously, if you're not having fun writing your story, you're readers aren't going to have any fun reading your story. So...I guess i should say, "It's not about standardizing, it's about having fun! (Yeah...I'm definitely going to beat myself up after making you guys cringe like that. LOL!)

8. Just WRITE! It's totally fine to write even if you have no idea what you're writing about. I've never been good at keeps Diaries or journals, but there's something super satisfying with writing an idea on paper. (At least it is for me--you might be different.)

But yeah!

Those are my eight, great tips for writing. Honesty I can't tell you what you should write, but I can give motivation ALL DAY LONG about it. You are your only limit, you are your worst enemy, you are your worst critic. But you're also the only one that matters. If you think you can, then you can. There's no debating. You can do anything that you put your mind to. I never thought anyone would read my stories on Wattpad, but I kept posting because I had a small bit of hope, and guess what? HERE I AM!

So that's all for my rant that most of you probably didn't read, but if you did, I hope you took something away from it.

Thank you all so much for being there for me, and honestly, when I read all of your sweet comments I literally feel like crying because you're all so nice. There's not a lot of good in the world, but when I read all the kind comments and messages, I know for a fact that there's hope.

And that's all it takes to write an AWESOME story. Hope!

One of my fav writing quotes:

"There is no wrong or right. Just write!" ~Kayla Arnel

So thanks again and I love all of you! (Jeez, that took a lot longer than I thought, but I'm glad I did it)

Now...onto the first chapter of Part 3!