05 | shivering and soaking

CHAPTER FIVE

taehyung threw jeongguk's flailing body back into the living room of his apartment.

the teen crashed into one of the small standing tables, making the vase that rested on its surface topple over and crackle against the floor, splintering into thousands of unrepairable pieces. the dirty water spilt out, wetting the ground in a small puddle.

a cry emitted from jeongguk's frail lips when he had put down one of his hands, pain digging into his skin. the boy jerked his bleeding limb up, examining how a shard had lodged itself deep into the soft and calloused touch of his palm.

the crimson color dripped and followed along the lines of his hands. jeongguk's eyes following the trickle of blood in a state of disbelief, not even registering the pain. the vase piece stuck out so proudly that it made him sick.

"aw, is poor little jeonggukie hurt?" the older cooed, his voice soft yet with a clear mocking and sarcastic tone. i

"m-my hand... it– gngh!" he groaned out, the sight of his bloody palm disgusting to him to a point of disbelief. his other hand clutched onto the injured's wrist, tightening on the grip to cut the blood circulation as if it would help ease the screaming pain that was now hitting him. "t-taehyung... it hu-hurts–"

"nahww, t-t-taehyung it h-h-hu-hurts~~" the taller male quite blatantly mocked him, taking long strides over to where the younger was pitifully huddled in the puddle from the water of the vase as he grasped at his wrist, looking like a lost puppy.

he crouched down, inspecting the injury.

"hmm..." taehyung hummed, prying jeongguk's leaking wound closer to his face using one strong tanned grip to jerk the hand forward.

jeongguk yelped as the older male ripped the shard out.

"gah!" the cut now oozed with endless amounts of pain, the crimson spilling out and falling in large droplets to gather and blend with the pooling water beneath them.

taehyung admired the beautiful mixture coloring the plain sight of his marble floor, loving the new pattern that had so generously painted the boring fading white.

he couldn't wait to taint the rest of the house with it.

━━━━

jeongguk sat shivering in the bathtub, legs pulled up close to his chest as his whole body trembled due to the icy water that surrounded him and hit like icicles against his skin.

he was sure that by now his lips had turned a frosty blue, skin pale and lifeless as he sat in the tub.

he really wanted to get out. he really wanted to.

but everytime he tried to lift himself he was pushed down by taehyung into the cold water until he made no sign of moving again. it was an endless cycle that had been going on for hours now, jeongguk was sure his nails were about to fall off, he knew that taehyung was waiting for something... but what?

the teen spent countless minutes thinking. he tried observing taehyung for some clues but whenever he turned his head it was jerked back forward by the older, forcing him to face the blank white tiled wall.

"t-t-tae-taehyung?" it was so hard to speak, teeth chattering against each other as his jaw kept twitching in the cold. there was no response. jeongguk tried again, but still received no answer.

his skin felt like thousands of needles were pricking into him, blades digging into the soft flesh as his body failed to keep him warm. he'd die of hypothermia at this rate.

"t-t-tae–" suddenly, it struck him. why taehyung wasn't responding. jeongguk harshly swallowed his pride, cringing at the words that were about to leave his mouth.

just one time, jeongguk. for your survival, c'mon swallow your pride.

"h-h-hyu-hyung?" his voice came out so weak and feeble, shame rocked through his body as he couldn't believe he had to adress this man with respect– when he had no respect for him.

"yes, jeongguk?" god, the teen could practically hear the satisfaction and smirk in his voice. made him wanna rip out his throat.

"c-c-can i pl-please g-g-get out-t?" he tried asking, not knowing if that's what was expected of him to say.

"hmm, i don't know kid. have you learned your lesson?" taehyung presses, splashing a little of the water over jeongguk's locks, making the boy shiver.

"uh... y-yes, i ha-have." jeongguk didn't really know what to say, how to answer. however taehyung didn't seem satisfied in the slightest with his response as he still didn't let jeongguk turn around and didn't reply to his request. jeongguk swallowed thickly, having an idea about what the older wanted to hear but didn't know if he could give it to him.

with a sigh in defeat, jeongguk gave in.

"i-i'm so-sorry hy-hyung. i've learnt-t m-my less-lesson."

there was a moment of silence until taehyung spoke.

"that'll have to do. for now." jeongguk almost squeaked when taehyung roughly grabbed him by the arm and pulled him up, his soaking clothes dripping water everywhere. although taehyung paid it no mind and simply dragged the younger over to sit on the closed toilet.

jeongguk watched as taehyung grabbed his palm and started rumbling through some sort of aid kit. no words were spoken as the older treated his wound, jeongguk wanted to protest but he was lowkey thankful that it wouldn't be at risk of getting infected anymore.

when he was done, jeongguk remained silent.

"manners, jeongguk. say thank you." taehyung growled, eyes dark in warning the younger. jeongguk just looked at him with big eyes and then his eyes flickered over at the bathtub.

"th-thank you..." he muttered, not wanting to be punished so soon again. his body was still shivering from his wet clothes that stuck to his skin. taehyung then raised himself and threw a bathrobe over the boy.

"strip and put this on. go to your room after, i better not see you out of there until i call you for breakfast. got it?" the older crossed his arms and cocked up an eyebrow, to which jeongguk just nodded to. taehyung hummed in approval and then turned to leave, but before closing the door he looked over his shoulder at the soaking teen.

"oh, and jeongguk?" jeongguk snapped his eyes back up to the older. "don't you ever think you can ever escape me."

with that he shut the door.

end of 05

im so not ready for dynamite