[Connor imagine]

IMAGINE CONNOR FINDING OUT YOU'RE DEPRESSED

request by anon | Connor x reader | Detroit: Become Human

A/N: I hope you like it!

Warnings: this contains descriptions of depression so under the cut just in case (this doesn't contain self-harm or anything like that though)

Connor had thought he knew everything about you. He knew how your family was like, he knew all your social medias, your favorite food and your best friend, it all by scanning you. So discovering something he didn't know was confusing to him, he hadn't ever thought that you would have such dark thoughts running through your mind, that some nights you spent crying in your bed as your thoughts screamed you were worthless, stupid and useless. He looked at you laughing with your workmates as you had lunch together, and he glanced back to the papers on your work table which stated you had a major depressive disorder and something your psychiatrist had written down about you.

"Connor!" Hank bellowed as he saw his new partner snooping around your table and Connor's gaze snapped to him. "Get over here."

Connor slowly walked back to Hank and glanced at you again, and tilted his head to the side. "How could Detective L/N have depression? They look so... healthy and happy and my scans said they're eating well, getting enough nutrients and their body is well."

Hank sighed. "Connor, you can't snoop around other people's papers like that..."

Silence ensued, and Connor leaned against his desk, still observing you, trying to decipher how could you look like that and still have something like depression. And after a moment, Hank raised his gaze from his computer screen.

"...some things are invisible to the eye. You can't see what Detective L/N is thinking right now, they can be thinking that they don't deserve such friends as they have here, or that people are their friends just out of pity. Or then they might genuinely be having fun there and know that their friends are real, without any dark thoughts, but that moment could be the only light in their day. You can't scan everyone and expect to know everything about them."

Connor's LED circled yellow as Hank's words processed in his head. Mental health disorders were something Connor had yet to understand, but he would learn about them eventually.

---

I DO NOT TAKE REQUESTS!