Chapter 72: Till Death Do Us Part

Ren jumped in front of Aria and blocked both Kai and Jay's attacks. He sent electricity back at Jay and fire back at Kai. They both dodged it, but Kai got burned in the foot and Jay got hit in his arm.

"No don't fight" Lloyd said getting in the middle of them

"Lloyd move!" Cole tackled Lloyd out of the way of a fire blast

"This wasn't the plan!" Lloyd shouted at Kai and Jay

"yeah your plan" Kai said annoyed

"Our plan was different" Jay tells him "we want revenge for Nya and stop this reign of darkness"

"You would too if you've gone through what we did" Kai says

"No I wouldn't have, because it's never the answer" Lloyd said

"But now It's time to put a end to this rebellion" Aria lit hellfire in her palms

"No!" Lloyd shouts

His eyes glowed green and he threw an energy ball at Aria. It hit her in the heart, she made a sound of pain as she hit the wall.

"mother!" Len and Ren shouted worried and ran to her

"Lloyd" Aria called out weakly

The ninja watched as a tear went down her cheek, for the first time in 9 years, Aria's eyes turned green.

"Lloyd" Aria said again, trying to stand up

Lloyd ran over to her and made her stay sitting "don't get up, it'll only hurt more"

"Lloyd, it's really you" Aria said weakly

"yes it's me" Lloyd said moving hair out of her face "I didn't die, I was sent here"

"and now you'll never return" Aria said as another tear fell from her face

"...it's all my fault" Kai says sadly "I was blinded by rage"

"Aria" Jay stepped forward "I'm sorry, we can still make things better now that Lloyd's here. Even if he can't return to the past, we can make our present better"

"their is always room for correction" Zane said

"Mom" Ren took her hand

"Please" Len said taking her other hand

"boys-" Aria coughed up blood and closed her eyes

"Mom!" Len started crying

"No no no" Lloyd said tapping her face "come on stay with us Aria, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to blast you"

"Mother's heart was filled with darkness" Ren looked away sadly "a full blast of light, is damaging to her"

Lloyd felt Aria squeeze his hand a bit, her eyes opened a bit "I'm happy, I got to see you again, my dear husband"

"You're going to be ok" Lloyd kissed her hand

"Not this time greenie" Aria laughed weakly "I remember calling you that when we were younger, things changed... in 10 years... without you... and I feel better... leaving everything... to you"

"Don't say that Aria, you're going to be ok" Lloyd placed his hand on her cheek "I love you"

Aria smiled at him sadly "till death do us part" Aria's eyes closed

Len hugged Ren and cried. The ninja all put their heads down sadly. Lloyd held onto Aria's hand and cried

Lloyd kissed her forehead "you weren't really bad, you just lost your way. If I could go back I'd make sure you'd never end up this way, I love you Aria"

The broken pedestal's glowed blue as did the lake of resurrection, Lloyd closed his eyes, blinded by the blue light.