Chapter 14

Pan POV

The dark forest seemed even more gloomy this time. As Emma, Hook, Gold and I walked through the forest, it seemed to be draining all the joy, if there was any left, out of us.

Suddenly, we heard crunching in the nearby brush.

"What's that?" Emma asked alarmed.

"Uhh...." I trailed off as a girl came out from behind the brush.

"Bought time you came after me. I thought you would leave me out here to die." Jasmine said sarcastically as she placed her hands on her hips.

Aw man I forgot about her. She is the reason all this crap started. If it wasn't for her running away, Meg and I would still be cuddling in her small, tight hammock.

"Where have you been?" I stopped which acted as a domino effect as everyone ran into each other.

"Who's this?" Hook asked.

"This..." I growled, "is Jasmine. She is the reason Meg and I were in the forest, therefor, she is the reason all this even happened."

I felt all the eyes on Jasmine. Her eyes got big.

"What happened to Meg?" She asked shocked.

"A lost boy knocked her out with a magic ring. We are going to find him to save her life." Gold said.

"What?" She gasped. "Meg...she is in trouble?"

"I thought you hated each other, so why do you care?" Pan growled.

"Woe. I never said I hated her. Sure I was jealous because she was getting all snuggly and cuddly with you, when meanwhile I haven't seen Aladin in months." She shifted and crossed her arms.

"Wait....Aladin...Jasmine....this is not happening." Emma snorted.

I turned to face her. "You know them?"

"Every kid who has a movie player knows them." Emma laughed.

"Anyways...." Jasmine snapped, "let's go back to your treehouse."

She started pushing passed me in the direction of the treehouse. I grabbed her arm. Her hazel eyes stared at me in confusion.

"Did you miss the whole thing about us going to find Felix to save Meg?" I asked and smirked.

"Oh yea. Ok then let's go!" She turned and I released my grip on her. Jasmine started walking along the trail.

"woe there slow down!" I reached for her arm once again.

"What? We need to go save Meg!" Jasmine cried.

"You don't know what your getting into. You should go back to camp and stay with Meg." I said and looked deep into her eyes trying to convince her.

"O-k." Said flatly. She tunred and walked towards the camp where we just were.

Well that was easy.....maybe a little to easy..

"Well ok then," I called after her a little surprised, "stay safe!"

Jasmine stalked away back towards where we just walked along the narrow path.

"Ok now that that's out of the way...can we get back to Felix please?" Emma asked.

"Yea...lets go." I scratched the back of my neck as I started walking once again.

------•------

We walked for what seemed like forever before we reached the edge of the lost boys camp. As soon as we arrived, we heard Felix's booming voice through the brush.

"And as soon as Pan comes back for his 'true love,' I will kill him and freedom will be ours!" He pronounced. Waves of lost boy cheers came after his words.

I gasped at the sudden betrayal of my boys. Why would they want to kill me? I brought them here to live in a world with no adults, no rules, nothing but freedom! I don't know what other freedom they are talking about but a world without rules is the only freedom I want.

"Did you know about this?" Emma hissed in my ear.

"Yes Emma. I knew about a top secret plan where the end result was my death." I replied sarcastically.

"Well I thought you knew about everything that happens here!" Emma snapped back.

"I did when I had my magic." I said flatly.

"Oh." Emma sighed. "Well now would be a good time to get it back."

My grip on the branch I was holding at the edge of the camp tightened in frustration.

"Don't you think I would have already? Did you ever think that I was the one that wanted to save Meg not her family? I WANTED TO BE TRUSTED!" I exclaimed......a little to loudly.

"Ahhhhh Pan." Felix said from in the camp. "Come out and play!"

Crap. I looked back at Emma and she gestured me towards Felix.

I took a deep breath and walked out from behind the bush.

I was shocked at who I saw standing in the middle of the camp.