𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺𝟷: 𝙶𝚊𝚖𝚎 𝙽𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚝

"Whose dumb idea was it to play Monopoly in the first place?" Dustin grumbled with his head slouched against his fist in defeat as Lucas threw his money around Mike's basement

The rest of the group watched with equally disappointed faces and crossed arms while Lucas ran in circles around the table gloating.

"Hotel on Boardwalk, baby!" Lucas laughed as he fanned himself with the money he hadn't yet thrown around the room.

"I still don't understand this game," One announced with a sigh and slapped her hands against her legs.

"What game should we play next?" Mike asked the party after Lucas had calmed down and taken his seat once more.

"Not Monopoly," Max answered with a roll of her eyes. She looked over to Lucas who innocently flashed his teeth and she nearly rolled her eyes again.

"We could resume our campaign," Will offered hopefully.

"I don't think we'll be able to play another game," One announced with a sullen smile. "That game went longer than I expected and Hopper will be here any minute to pick us up for dinner."

Eleven looked to One with pleading eyes but she knew that One was right. Hopper had only let them come over with the contingency that they'd be home for dinner. Ever since Hopper had discovered that One was Sarah, he had become more adamant about spending quality time together as a family. Eleven also assumed that One may want to get home to see James and she didn't want to get in the way of that, although she wasn't aware how wrong her assumption was.

One and Eleven sat around in the basement with the others, watching them play Boggle while they waited for Mrs. Wheeler to come down the stairs and announce their father's presence but it never came. Thirty minutes had gone by and One found herself looking up at the clock more and more. He had said dinner would be ready around six, and now it was six-thirty. What was the hold-up?

"Wait here," One said to Eleven. "I'll go upstairs and see if Hopper has arrived. He probably got caught up in a conversation with Mr. and Mrs. Wheeler."