Happy Ending

(Again, I'm sorry that the last chapter was stupid. It might be hard to transition from that chapter into this one :')) Keep in mind that the time passed between this chapter and the last is around two or three weeks.)

Alastor was sitting in his room, his door slightly cracked, peacefully reading a book. Everything with the hotel was going smoothly and he was strangely content with everything that had happened within the past few days. His life was finally settling at a point he'd never been before as if it wasn't just to steal, kill, and destroy. He had more appreciation for the family that had grown around him in this hotel, and the relationships he had were of more value to him than had been before. He changed, yes, but for the first time, he felt like maybe changing wasn't such a bad thing. Maybe this new life would suit him more than he had previously thought.

He carefully closed his book, having just finished it. He stood from his chair walked over to his bookshelf, where he gently placed the book next to the others he'd finished. He smiled with contentment at nothing, in particular, mostly just reflecting his clear thoughts and satisfied spirit. He was lost in a daze for a few moments before he turned to look out the window. He made his way over and opened it slightly, letting the morning breeze in. Maybe hell was a bad place, but it was moments like these that made it seem okay. If one would just look at the bright side. At the little things.

He leaned on the window sill and rested his head in one hand, letting out a breath. His smile was still as big as ever, and though he'd changed for the better he still enjoyed watching the chaos outside. After all, he still had a bit of mischief in him. For a few moments, he had a blank stare, not paying attention to the outside world, just thinking, until a bright light snapped him out of it. It gleamed, like nothing he'd seen in hell before, which made him squint his eyes a little.

Just as he was about to open the window and study it a little more, he heard someone call his name from the hallway.

"ALASTOR! ALASTOR COME LOOK!" Charlie burst through the door and came to a stop, breathing heavily as if she were in a hurry. Alastor took his eyes away from the light outside and turned toward her, a confused look on his face. "What do you need dar-" he was cut off as Charlie walked up to him and grabbed his hand, pulling him along and out of his room.

The two continued down the hall, Alastor practically being pulled along as Charlie was determined to show him something. She made her way through the lobby where a strangely large amount of demons were, most of them turning their heads to look at him. He would have liked the attention, but he was too curious to find out what the meaning of all of this was. She quickly opened the door of the hotel and pushed him outside, pointing to the light Alastor had seen from his window.

His eyes widened as he looked at what was happening before him.

He had no words, and his smile was almost non-existent as he looked up at this wonder. His ears slowly lowered and his arms weren't resting behind his back as usual.

Angel slowly walked up beside him and gently took Alastor's hand. He had a smile and a few tears in his eyes.

"...amazing, ain't it, Al," he said. The two, alongside what seemed like hundreds of others, stood and watched as a demon was rehabilitated right before their eyes. "Charlie was right..." Alastor whispered. Angel looked down at him, putting his arm around Alastor's waist and bringing him a bit closer. "Who knew," Angel said.

There was a pause before Alastor looked up at Angel and smiled. "We did it," he said. Angel glanced down at him and nodded. Alastor looked over at Charlie and Vaggie who were holding each other in their arms. He smiled a little as he saw happy tears escaping Charlie's eyes, then looking back up at the rehabilitation which was coming to an end. Angel and Alastor paused as they heard the demons standing around the hotel start clapping for Charlie. The two looked at each other, their grins wide.