THE CAPITOL.

"IN THE CAPITOL'S GRASP

"IN THE CAPITOL'S GRASP.."

--¤☆¤--

"No. No. Athena. Come on, open your eyes! Please." A familiar voice shouts, gaining my attention.

I could feel a hand on my chest, and another interlocked on top of the other. Then pressure is applied to my chest, One⎯Two⎯Three, it continues until it reaches thirty. Feeling the same hands being placed gently on my forehead, another one was put under my chin, propping my head up. Then a pair of warm lips were placed on my own, blowing air into my lungs. Was that Finnick? What's happened? Why can't I move? Why can't I open my eyes? It was like I was trapped in my own head.

Using as much force that I could muster, I tried to open my eyes but they felt like they were made of lead. Was I dead? It felt like it. But, if I was dead, my body wouldn't hurt this much. Everything hurts. My head hurt, my ribs hurt, my chest hurt, even my feet hurt. All I wanted was for everything to stop hurting, but I was so tired. I wanted to sleep. But it's so hard to focus on the pain, when sleep was calling for me. I should sleep. Save my energy.

"Finnick. Finnick, it's no use." Another voice adds, as I could faintly hear the sound of a scuffle.

I wish that I could open my eyes, but I couldn't no matter how hard I tried. Using what very little energy that I had left, I tried to say something but to my disappointment nothing came out. Not even a groan or a grumble, just silence. I wanted to scream out, 'I'm here! I'm alive!' But, I couldn't.

"Finnick! Finnick⎯hey⎯She's gone. She's gone." Another voice said, that sounded a lot like Johanna.

"Finnick." Johanna tries again.

"Please, we can't give up." He begs, his voice raw.

'What the hell is going on? Am I? Am I dead?' I thought.

"NO! We can't give up on her⎯please⎯Athena wake up." Finnick begs, his voice beginning to grow fainter and fainter.

Then I hear the faint buzzing. I can't be dead if I'm hearing things, right? I have to be alive or partially alive. What if I'm dying? Is this it. Was I actually dying? Feeling something cold picking me up, I could hear and feel the hum of electricity on my finger-tips. The feeling was strangely familiar too, it was the same feeling that came off the net of the Helicarrier. The one time that I felt that type of power was when I had won my Games and they dropped down a net to collect me.

Now this time was different. I was 'dead' in their eyes. Would they bury me? Cremate? The quiet groans of metal mixed in with the hum of electricity, the sounds of a radio going off blurred together into the background. I didn't know what to focus on. Feeling a warm hand on my neck, I felt someone's breath hitting my face, like they were checking to see something. My pulse? 

"Oh my god. We have a heartbeat. We got a heartbeat! Get me a medic, now." A voice orders, before everything goes completely silent.