Columbia Scandal

Colin and Maddie had decided to keep their newly formed relationship a secret until the semester was over.

Maddie was unable to drop the class and the two were stuck dating in secret.

It had been easy up until now. The dean and many other Columbia faculty had gathered at Blair's 20th birthday party, Colin included.

"Blair I need a distraction" Maddie whispered.

"From who Chuck?" Blair asked looking around.

"No my professor. He's the one I've been seeing" Maddie whispered back.

"M, what a scandal. If anyone finds out-"

"No one will" Maddie interrupted. Colin walked by winking at Maddie before talking to one of the faculty members.

"I need a drink" Maddie said heading to the kitchen.

"Oh Maddie what a nice surprise"

"Juliet" Maddie said quickly grabbing a flute of champagne before walking back into the party.

Maddie looked around trying to find anyone to talk to. The only one Maddie could spot was Chuck.

As she was about to make her way over Lily and Rufus came into sight.

"Lily, Rufus. Happy Anniversary. One year has flown" Maddie said. The two smiled at each other.

"Thank you. Did you come with someone tonight? You look stunning" Lily asked.

"Oh this. I had picked it up in Paris and no single tonight" Maddie awkwardly said as a cocktail napkin with words written on it.

Maddie excused herself and headed to the elevator catching a ride with Colin down.

"My place tonight?" He asked. Maddie shook her head yes. The two walked out of the apartment building catching two separate cabs to the same place.

The next morning Colin and Maddie rode in the same cab to school together.

"Now what's the chances of someone believing we accident caught a cab together?" Maddie asked kissing Colin on the lips.

"As long as it doesn't happen again. I'd say great" he said before smiling.

"Come to the ballet with me tonight?" Maddie asked leaning her head on his shoulder.

"I'll be there but we can't be each other dates. I know some of the faculty loves the Nutcracker" Colin explained.

The cab stopped at one corner of the campus where Maddie got out. Colin stayed in getting dropped off a separate location.

"Chuck? Hi I was wondering if you wanted to go to the ballet with me tonight?" Maddie asked on the phone.
———
Later that night Maddie waited by the Lincoln Center fountain for Chuck but was instead met by Colin.

"I resigned from Columbia effective immediately. I'd rather be with you than be a teacher" Colin said to Maddie.

"I can't believe you did that" Maddie said. Colin wrapped his arms around Maddie's waist leaning in for a kiss. The two no longer had to keep it a secret and it felt good.

Maddie looked past Colin to see Chuck.

"Excuse me" Maddie said walking over to talk to him.

"Invited me to play with my emotions. You got me" Chuck said.

"It wasn't like that"

"Oh so kissing the professor isn't what I just saw"

"He resigned to be with me. I didn't think he was coming when I asked you"

"It doesn't matter" Chuck said walking inside. Colin walked up next to Maddie wrapping an arm around her waist entering the ballet together.

Maddie and Colin walked up to Blair, Juliet, Vanessa, Nate and the dean talking.

"Dean Rutherford, I'm not lying" Juliet said.

"What's going on?" Colin asked unhooking his arm from around Maddie's waist.

"Nothing that concerns your professor to anyone at the moment" the dean said.

"Actually it does concern Colin. He's the one in the photos with Maddie" Juliet revealed.

Colin looked mad and the dean looked even angrier questioning Colin on his intentions for resigning.

"This raises suspicion Madeline. Especially since you have been accused of having sex for grades. This matter will need to be looked at more closely"

"Here have my camera" Vanessa offered.

"Look as closely as you'd like" Juliet said handing over the flash drive.

"Oh let me help you with that" Blair said dropping the flash drive in her champagne. "Oops. Dean you didn't want to look at those photos anyways. It was me"

"Blair"

"Maddie"

"It was me" Serena said.

"I can say that Blair is telling the truth" Chuck spoke out.

"Don't you see. They are all protecting each other" Juliet said.

"This is what they always do" Vanessa added.

"With no proof I can't tell who is telling the truth. Ms. Sharp I think it's best you drop it" the dean said before running off to grab her seat.

Colin and Juliet chased after each other outside. While Nate, Blair, Chuck, Maddie and Serena followed taking their time.

"Colin" Juliet yelled as he headed back inside.

"Now it's our turn" Maddie said as the group surrounded her.

"Your obsession with Maddie is tiresome" Chuck began

"Just because you have no money and delusions of grandeur does not make it okay for you to be a single white trash female" Blair added.

Juliet with tears in her eyes looked to Nate for help. "Nate this isn't me. You know that"

"Why would I ever believe anything you say again?"

"You can believe the part where she does her own hair" Serena stated.

"You tried to ruin my friendship with Blair and Serena, my reputation, my academic career"

"You failed every time, and now it's time for you to go" Chuck sternly said.

"I'm trying to"

"He's talking about Columbia" Nate spoke out.

"You don't belong there anyways" Blair snickered.

"If we catching you hanging around again. There will be consequences" Chuck threatened.

Colin drove Maddie home apologizing repeatedly for the events that took place.

Maddie spent the whole night up debating on if Colin was worth it. A decision she would make on Halloween at the masquerade party.