New Friendships

"Hey Scorpia! Who's your friend here?" Glimmer asked.

"Oh this is-"

"Blondie."

"Adora. Hi Catra." Adora responded playfully at the girl beside Scorpia. Scorpia smiled, "OH! So this is the cute girl we were talking about-" "AHEM" Catra cut her off feeling flushed. Adora felt her cheeks get red as well as her friends chuckled besides her.

Glimmer then butted in cutting the tension, "Anyways, I'm Glimmer, this here is Bow, and looks like you already know cute girl here. You must be Catra, Adora's gay awakening. "

Catra looked stunned. "GLIMMER! No, sorry she's kidding. I'm not gay. NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH IT!"Adora said saving the second hand embarrassment. Adora then sighed, "I'm sorry." Catra looked at her and then laughed, "Geez, does she always beat herself up like this?"

"Only when it's necessary." Bow responded. Scorpia then butted in, "Okayy, so should we sit together-" "YES!" Glimmer smiled.

*******

"See you later Adora and Catra!"

"See you guys!"

Once Adora and Catra got into their room Adora face planted on her bed, "I am so sorry." She murmured. Catra ended up laughing and threw herself on the bed. "AH HA, Blondie, you are too good to be true." Adora then looked up at her, "What's that supposed to mean?" She pouted.

Catra tried to ignore the cute look on the blonde's face, "I'm just saying you're the first funny girl I've ever met." Adora looked at her, "But what about your friends?" "Eh, they have their days. So.." Catra then rested her head on her hand and smirked at Adora. "I'm your gay awakening, huh?"

Adora blushed, "Um, I-" "I was kidding! GEEZ it's too easy. Anyways are you actually gonna go to the party they were talking about earlier?" Catra asked as she read a magazine that was beside her. Adora laughed, "As if I have a choice, Glimmer and Bow are dying to go. How about you?"

Catra shrugged, "eh, I might stop by for a couple of drinks. But hey no rush, it's in two weeks!""Yea yea, but still." Adora smiled. Catra took a deep breath, "Alright blondie, let's get to know each other more."

Adora smiled, "Okay, so..How's family like? I bet your parents listen to rock 24/7 huh?" Catra's smile faded. "Um, actually..I'm not really around family as much." Adora looked worried for the girl, "Oh, I'm sorry. If you don't want to talk about it it's okay-"

"No, I, um..I mean, I trust you, you know? I know it's crazy to say that since we've only known each other for a day, but you seem like the type of person I can trust." Catra said embarrassed. Adora looked at her feeling her cheeks turn red. Adora STOP IT!

"My parents and I aren't exactly close.. I've never met my dad and my mom, she.. well her and I haven't gotten along since I came out to her." Catra said. Adora got up from her bed and sat down next to her.

She then put her hand on Catra's hand, "I'm sorry you have to go through that." Catra smiled, "It's alright, I survived. How about you Blondie? Are your parents Ken and Barbie or something?"

Adora laughed softly, "No, um, I lived with my grandma. My parents died in a car crash when I was 8." Catra had a instant gut feeling, "Adora, that's way worse than what I just said!"

Adora giggled, "Catra it's fine, I like talking about them actually. Makes me feel like they're still alive, you know?" Catra looked at the blonde stunned, How can she be so positive all the time?

Adora sat back on her bed and pulled out two WII U's, "I have Mario Kart, wanna play?"

Catra smiled, cute "You're on, Blondie."

✨🌈Until next time🌈✨