─ un

UN

the arrival!

THE TRAIN WHISTLE blew as students crowded Platform 9 3/4 before the upcoming school year. For Lily Edwards, the day was starting out perfectly. Her fingers tingled with excitement at the prospect of 7th year, however, the small twinge in her heart reminded her that this was the end. 

But, with the cloudy haze of seventh year and excitement and nervous for her future prospects as a healer, she wished her father, Gael Edwards goodbye. His husband and her papa, Pierre, was not present for a multitude of reasons ( involving his dislike of large crowds and sensitive sinuses ), but mainly because, as a family they weren't ready for the larger world to find out that she had two dads instead of one. 

It also helped that Pierre was opening a new bakery in the United States and was pulled away due to the finalization of the building and decoration ( he was very particular about these things ). And wherever Pierre went, Gael was soon to follow like sunshine after the rain, so Gael would be boarding a train to London Heathrow and flying to New York City shortly after bidding his daughter farewell.

She had already spotted the unruly black curls of a certain Henry Stints, her suspicions confirming themselves as she saw his green scarf and scary mother. Henry Stints, a half-blood Slytherin, was the literal definition of a chaotic gay.

He had never told his mother, naturally, but like every mother, she knew, but like every proper pureblooded woman, she elected to ignore it. Georgiana Stints, his mother, was very strict and very very scary. She had married below what her parents deemed to be acceptable for love and paid the price for it as he left her soon after Henry was born.

Although with a tragic past, Henry was anything but, lighting up the room with his joyous smile. He was honest, spontaneous and the type to stick around for a while. He was Lily's first friend in the wizarding world. He showed her all that he could within the walls of the school, and she would always hold him in the highest esteem for his kindness.

Gathering her things, she prepared herself to board the train and find Henry to say hello. She kissed her dad on the cheek, promising to be safe and making him promise the same and hoisted her baggage onto the train with the help of a train hand.

She rushed through the corridor, trying to find the compartment containing her friends and after running into several younger students, she found them. Sitting nearest to the window on the left side was Ruby MacMillan, a year younger and a fellow Ravenclaw.

Ruby was wise beyond her years, but didn't enjoy studying so much. And, for the past year and a half, she'd been dating a Hufflepuff named Charlie Oswald, who was as sweet as ginger biscuits and they were happy. Everyone knew that behind her pleasant disposition, Ruby only cared about five things in life: her friends, her family, Charlie, Care of Magical Creatures ( she dreamed of becoming a Magizoologist ) and liquorice snap candies ( without which you could never find her ).