Served

D pulled up to his parking lot and parked. It was another hot one.

"Let's go to the beach later," he offered.
I stuck my tongue back in my mouth; I was panting out here like a dog.
"Bet."

We were just coming back from a weekend get away and chill at Givanté and Jackson's place. We have grown strong as friends and hung out quite a bit the four of us. We played games, did fireworks, barbecued and everything. It was a lot of fun but it was starting to feel good to be back home.

Prior to all of this, the summer program started. And sure enough Tahj was there. I hadn't seen him in weeks. It was weird seeing him after all the thoughts I had and how I used to try and pursue him. All out the window now. Though I went out of my way to avoid him I don't even think it was necessary; he hardly seemed to pay me any mind. I started to relax some. I hadn't heard from him in a while and he wasn't checking me out. I just needed that third check mark and I was good to 100% forget about him and further relax.

Besides that the summer program was off to a great start. We did all kinds of activities with the students with me stopping by to the classroom when I had time to help out. There was a lot of arts and crafts and outdoor activities. I helped play in a game of kickball. We also took the students out to the beach. I definitely was preferring it over the school year activities. Next week we were starting this new thing called Summerween. Never heard of it in my life but pretty much for the whole week we treat it as if it's Halloween time. Not gonna lie but that sounded fun as hell, no pun intended.

I walked with D up to his apartment and inside. Once inside D spun around on me to face me.
"Let's shower."
I shrugged. He didn't have to ask twice.

He started for the bathroom and I was about to follow him when the doorbell rung. When I turned to the door that's when I saw something fly from under the door. I quickly try to make it to the door to see who it was, but no one was there. Not even a neighbor.

"Was that the doorbell?" D asked from outside the bathroom.
I bend down to pick up the stapled sheets while closing the door. The first thing I notice is the stamp. The Sheriff's stamp.

My body immediately goes still, my heart starts racing.

It's a court order for my arrest.

"Holy shit!"
D immediately approaches me.
"What? Let me see."
But I couldn't tear my eyes away from it. I just kept staring at the stamp. It was real. This is real.
"I fucking knew it! He knows how to get around things, his dad is probably involved—"
"Let me see!"
He had to take it from me because I still wasn't moving. I watched him quickly look over the documents. Then his eyebrows scrunch up in confusion.
"This isn't legit," he simply says.
"How do you know?"
"For starters," he pauses to turn it over and look at the back end which is blank. "For charges against you this serious they wouldn't send this to you in a ding dong style," he pauses to slowly read over the paper. "My mom once got served income execution papers from her college days," he waves his hand around. "She had to pay for school. This looks exactly like that except the words are different, taking in your circumstance. Also," he looks at me then starts to shred the document. I gasped. "There are typos."
I looked at him in horror.
"What?"
"I'm about to end this shit. Give me your phone," he says in his serious, not playing no games, voice.
I immediately handed it over.
"What are you about to do?"
I watch his every move. He goes in his phone and messes around until he puts the phone to his ear. He waits while watching me. I mouthed my question to him again.
"Hey," he says when the line picks up. "Tahj?" He asked.
I look at him in disbelief and start to move towards him but he starts to back up, moving backwards until he's in the bedroom. He then closes and locks the door.
"D!" I whisper. "D! What the fuck are you doing?" I try not to shout.
I put my ear to the door but couldn't hear anything, maybe some mumbling.

Remembering what they used to do in the movies I went to go to the kitchen and grab a whiskey glass. Once I came back to the door my dumbass realized I didn't know which way the glass was supposed to go against the door. I tried both ways and either way I still couldn't make anything out.

"That shit don't work."
I set the glass down on the counter and stared at the door. This was a bad time for my bladder to start acting up.

As I'm leaving the bathroom I notice D open the door, stare my way for a second. I quickly go towards him but he closes the door again.

"D!" I whisper.
I almost wanted to bang on the door. I sigh in despair.

I'm sitting on the couch when D finally gets out of the room. I sit up.
"The fuck was that?"
"You getting your freedom," he smirks at me then hops next to me, laying his head in my lap.
"What did you do?"
He turned onto his back and looked up at the ceiling.
"I told him how things were, straight forward, man to ma— boy, I guess. I told him that you and I were dating and official and that he needs to move on. I wasn't harsh, I really tried to dig deep on the reason for his harassment. I tried to make him realize that you ain't the only man out there and how toxic he was being and preventing himself from moving on. You know, all that motivational shit you see on your timeline. It seemed to work and we got a good conversation going. He talked about his parents and I think that really was what messed him up. I think he needed someone to talk to about that. I reassured him that I was good peoples and that I would listen. Then I told him I had to go to the bathroom. That's when you saw me open and close the door, it was to give him the impression that I stepped out. I then put me on mute, I just muffled the phone and called his father from your phone."

Oh shit. My mind was all over the place but trying to focus on what he was saying at the same time.

"How did you get his dad's number?"
"Not too long ago I called his offices and inquired about how to reach him to talk about using his services." He waves his hand around. "Figured that would come in handy."
I really did need him.
"So, I told his father who I was and lied. I told him I was a concerned friend of Tahj's and didn't like how he was acting as of late. I told him that I was on the other line with his son and didn't like the things he was telling me. I asked his dad could he check on Tahj and overhear our conversation. Then I went back to Tahj and tried to get him to confess to everything while his dad was outside his door."
"Nooooo," I say with a gasp but my ass was cheesing.
"It would have been a complete shit show if his father didn't come to the door like he agreed to do. I had to rely on faith for that. But, yeah, Tahj brought up the fake documents he sent over from earlier. The conversation ended when his dad barged in yelling. I think he might be grounded for some time."
I ran my hands through my face
"Only you think of shit like that."
He looks at me.
"I at least saved you some weeks of torture."