Chapter 24

Jeongyeon pov

"Will you be my girlfriend?"
This is the moment I always wanted.

I always dreamed about this to happen one day and today is the day my dream finally came true. I have always liked him but I don't know what to do right now.

"Uhmm.."
I can't form any words. I don't understand why I'm being like this. There's a little part of me that wants to escape. Yes, I have always liked him but would I really want to be his girlfriend? Why did I suddenly feel like this?

"I don't know.." I hesitated.

"I'm not yet ready"I added. I don't know what's gotten into me.  I wanted to give him an answer but I can't. I'm too confused right now.

"I understand. I'll wait for you" He smiled. That smile, it made me like him but why doesn't it make my heart pound anymore?

I need time to sort of my feelings. I don't wanna have any regrets.

"Thanks for understanding me"

After we finished our food, we looked at the stars on the rooftop of the restaurant. I laughed because he kept on taking a picture but the stars aren't visible on his phone. He got annoyed so he stopped.

"I can reach that for you" He joked and pointed at a star.

"Really? How?" I asked.

"I don't know, some magic?" he replied.

I always love to stare at the night sky. For me, it's very beautiful but now it doesn't seem to be beautiful as it's supposed to be.

After  watching the stars for like 15 minutes we parted ways and I went home.

---

"What!?" Dahyun yelled. We're gathered here in the living room, I told them that Jinyoung asked me to be his girlfriend.

"What did you say?" Mina asked.

"I said I don't know. I told him I'm not ready" I replied and bit my lip.

"You liked Jinyoung since our 1st year and now he asked you to be his girlfriend then you said you don't know? You hesitated, didn't you? Why did you say you're not ready when you always wanted to be with him? What's holding you back?" Jihyo was literally screaming while asking.

That's a good question. What's holding me back?

"Park Jimin" Nayeon answered Jihyo and smirked. I froze. Park Jimin..?

Jihyo's jaw dropped.

"Why Park Jimin? You said you only see him as a friend, right? Why would you say you're not ready to the man you like just because of your friend?" she asked.

That's true. I don't see Jimin as anything else than just a friend. Why is it holding me back? Well, maybe because he asked me to give him a chance. Jimin smiling suddenly flashed into my mind.

"Why are you smiling?" Tzuyu asked.

"Me? I was smiling?" I pointed at myself and she nodded. They looked at me weirdly.

"She's probably thinking about something else" Sana said.

"Or someone"Dahyun added.

"Park *cough*Jimin" Nayeon coughed.

"Omo! I just noticed they're both Parks. The question is..which Park are you going to?" Momo teased. I choked from my own saliva.

"That sounds catchy!" Chaeyoung exclaimed.

After the discussion about which Park I'm going to, they did their own things. I went to Sana.

"You're dating Tae, right?" I asked.

"Yeah. Why?" she replied and blushed.

"Can you ask him if how's Jimin already?" I requested. Her eyes widened and smirked.

"I'll call him!"

After few minutes, she talked to me.

"He said he threw up again earlier but he's recovering now. Not fully healed though" she said.

"Oh okay. Thank you"

I went inside my room with Momo and lied down. I sighed.

"How do I know who I like?" I asked her.

"Aren't you answering yourself now?" she chuckled. I sat up.

"What do you mean?"

"I just find it funny that you're asking how do you know who you like when you always liked Jinyoung"she explained.

"I don't get it" I said. She laughed.

"What I mean is..if you really like Jinyoung, why are you confused? Why would you be confused because of the other?" she clarified.

"I get in now"
She has a point.

"That's just my theory okay" she smiled. I don't understand myself. I picked up my phone and dialed his number. After a few seconds, he answered.

Me:Jiminie~
Him:Oh noona
Me:Jungkook?
Him:Yes
Me: Where is he?
Him:He's sleeping now
Me:but is he okay now?
Him:He still got fever but his
        temperature is getting lower
Me:I see. Tell him to be well. Goodnight
Him:okay.Bye noona

He hanged up.

I hope he's going to school tomorrow.

A/N:
Hi everyone, thanks for reading~
Let me know your thoughts about this chapter and don't forget to vote! Also, I'm not sure if I can update tomorrow.
Stay safe, love you all❤️❤️