Overtime

"What's up Overtime fam it's OT Larry and I've got a special challenge today. I told Lamelo Ball that I got a challenge I know for sure he can't win. And you wanna know why he can't win? Cuz I brought my secret weapon to stop him."

OT Larry waved Tommie over to come into the camera. "Say wassup to the people."

Tommie walked over laughing holding a basketball in her hands.

"I got Tommie Brooks, #1 college basketball player in THE country right now, to battle Lamelo Ball

"I got Tommie Brooks, #1 college basketball player in THE country right now, to battle Lamelo Ball."

"You got anything to say to the people?"

"Nah, I'm just ready to get this dub." She smiled.
"Aight lets go then." He waved turning on his heels walking into the gym. The camera crew followed and Tommie assumed her position at the doors waiting for her cue to walk in.

"We got my boy LaMelo in the building, how you doing man?" OT Larry dapped him up. "Man you know, living. I see you still bald I thought I told you to work on that." He joked, rubbing his hand across Larry's head.

"Ha Ha Ha. You ready to get this work? I think I got somebody that's really gonna make it tough for you."

Melo scoffed, "please, I'mma wash any dude you bring in here."

Larry looked at the camera. "Y'all heard him say he gone wash any dude, right." He wiggled his eyebrows before forming a circle with his hands. "Aye, Tommie."

Tommie walked through the doors, grinning at Melo. Melo's mouth opened a bit and his eyebrows furrowed while he gazed at her.

Tommie was amused by the shocked look that was painted across his face. It was obvious he didn't think he was going up against a girl today.

"Hi." She smiled looking up at him, while giving him a side hug. "Wassup." He responded. She stood next to him and he threw his arm around her shoulder.

"You looked surprised Melo, you didn't think you'd be going up against a woman today, huh?" Larry teased.

He smacked his teeth. "Nah, this finna be too easy though." He smirked looking down at Tommie who rolled her eyes. Melo might be taller than her, but she could run circles around him and her percentage at the line was way better than his. That cocky shit wasn't fooling her and she couldn't wait to show his ass up.

"What you gotta say to that Tommie?" OT Larry instigated.

"The score is gonna speak for itself." She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't plan on taking any L's." She moves Melo's arm from around her shoulder and bouncing the ball.

"Oof okay okay. Alright guys lets get this pick up game going. First one to 8 win, Tommie gets ball first." He explained to the camera.

Tommie dribbled the ball waiting at the 3 point line deciding what she was going to do. "You might as well give up now." Melo taunted her as he usually did with all his competitors.

She noticed how he didn't even get in a defensive stance he just stood there. That rubbed Tommie the wrong way. She felt as if he didn't take her seriously just because she was a girl. She was gonna make him see, she wasn't the one to play with.

Faking as if she was finna break quick to the right, once Melo moved slightly out of her way she shot the ball at the basket catching nothing but net as usual. OT Larry instigated from the sidelines throwing disses at Melo and hyping up Tommie.

Melo was impressed by her shot. He obviously underestimated her a little but he still wasn't worried. She was at most 5'8 to his 6'7 there was no way she was going to win this.

"Lucky shot." He bounce passed the ball to her. She just laughed and winked. When Tommie was in her mode she wasn't one to speak much. She was concentrated and like to save all that shit talking for later.

She dribbled the ball, still noticing that he wasn't taking her seriously. Quickly she tossed the ball between his legs running past him grabbing the ball and going in for a quick lay up before he could catch her to stop.

"2 Tommie, 0 Melo." OT Larry held his hand up to dap Tommie, which she gladly accepted. She held up two fingers dribbling back to the line.

"Oh yeah I'm finna stop playing with her now." Melo spoke you seemingly a little flustered. Tommie laughed finding it a little cute.

The next couple of tries Melo managed to steal the ball from her, and show her up a couple of times, and vice versa. However, Melo ended up winning by only one point.

"I told y'all I don't lose." He patted his chest looking and pointing into the camera.

"You almost lost though." Tommie laughed hitting his arm.

"But I didn't." He held his finger up to the side of his head tapping it. Tommie laughed letting him have it. She wasn't a sore loser by any means and respected his game. She was proud she could keep up with a professional baller.

OT Larry ended the video and spoke to production while Tommie and Melo sat on the bleachers chatting.

"You cool, I didn't expect you to play like that in real life." He spoke drinking water out his bottle. "No, wonder Clemson hasn't lost a game, yet."

"Oh so you keeping tabs on me?"

"Some like that."

"You're not so bad yourself. But I definitely need a rematch."

"Aight, but on one condition." He looked at her smirking.

Tommie raised her eyebrows inquisitively. What could this condition possibly be.

"If I win you gotta let me take you out on a date." He smiled. He'd been crushing on her since he'd seen her walk in. And then the fact that she could play basketball too was a major turn on for him.

Tommie's heart fluttered a bit, and she tried to hold her smile back. "Okay, Bet."

- xoxo, Retro 🤎💫🪐