Chapter 26- Finale

A/N Woah omg. I swear I just blinked and all the sudden I have over 230 reads! SO crazy! Thank you all so so much. It's time to say goodbye to Ciara :( I hope you all enjoy the ending. Much love!

POV Ciara

"And that it's. From that day on I have stuck with your father ever since." I smile proudly as I finish my story. 

Sean gives my shoulder a small squeeze as he smiles at our two kids, Niall and Kayleigh. 

"Oh boo hoo! I want to hear more." Kayleigh groans. 

"Well, course there are more stories. But yous asked how we met, and dat pretty much sums up da beginning of our story." Sean chuckles.

After the strike, we both of course remained newsies. I sold papers in Manhattan in the morning, and by afternoon I was by Spot's side in Brooklyn.

I usually slept at the Manhattan lodge house, but a few times a week I had a few sleepovers in Brooklyn. Life with Sean is exactly what I thought it would be- exciting.

"So dad, you were really a king?" Niall asks raising his eyebrow.

"Not were- still am." Sean says firmly. "I just don't rule da Brooklyn newsies anymore. Now, I rule da entire city of Brooklyn. Instead of callin me king, I'm professionally known as the borough president. Yous knew dat." 

Once Sean turned 21, he knew he couldn't be a newsie anymore which meant he could no longer be King of Brooklyn. But we all know he would find a way to make it work.

If it meant holding the power of Brooklyn, Sean was ready for it. He somehow convinced himself to return to school and became qualified for the job. 

5 years later, he reclaimed his throne and I could not be more proud of him. 

"So what happened to the other newsies?" Kayleigh asks curiously.

"Well, you know them all. Your Uncle Race, was your fathers best man at our wedding a few years later. And today he is the manager at the Sheepshead racetrack. Uncle Jackie is a painter who- oh! Don't forget to remind me- we have his art show to attend this weekend." 

Sean cuts in continuing to name the rest of the boys and their current day jobs. We've all stayed in touch with each other- both the Manhattan and Brooklyn newsies.

Once your a newsie, your always a newsie. We are one giant family forever. 

"It is getting late though. Story time is over, time for bed!" I instruct. 

Niall and Kayleigh groan and protest. 

"C'mon now, lets go upstairs and get ready for bed." Sean says leaping off the couch. 

He picks up Kayleigh and puts her on his shoulders and grabs Niall's hand and they march upstairs. Whoever thought Spot Conlon would be so good with kids?

I walk into the kitchen and brew some coffee for Sean and I to enjoy after we put the kids to bed. Five minutes later, Sean jogs down the stairs and into the kitchen.

"Da kids are in bed in record time. No need ta thank me- just know I's beat your time of eight minutes from last night." he smirks taking a cup of coffee off the counter.

"Well that's not fair! You had them all hyped up on ice cream that there was no way they were getting into bed on time." I protest. 

"Excuses, excuses." he tsks. 

I laugh and hit his arm. We take our coffee outside and sit on the balcony and enjoy the view of Brooklyn. 

He puts an arm around me and sighs, "Do you miss it?"

"Being a newsie? Being young and free? Of course." I admit. "But I mean, we settled down and look what we're doing! Raising two beautiful children on the crazy stories from our teenage years."

"I hate it when you're right." he chuckles.

I rest my head on his shoulder and close my eyes as a short breeze blows by.

"Princess?"

A smile spreads across my lips. He has continued to still call me princess after all of these years. 

"Sean?"

"Rememba da part of our story, where we were on da docks and I's asked yous for dat g'night kiss and ya woudn't let me have it? Can I's have it now? I've waitin long enough." he says quietly.

Although his voice is at a hushed tone, I can hear the smirk plastered across his face.  

"You're ridiculous you know that, Conlon? We've been married for almost 10 years! You have had many goodnight kisses and more." I giggle.

"Yeah I know dat. But us retellin da story tonight made me rememba how crushed I's was at 16 from gettin rejected like dat. I's think it's time yous made up for it." he protests.

I cup his face in my hands and pull him into a deep kiss. A soft moan escapes his lips as he kisses me back. 

I smile breaking our kiss. 

"Am I forgiven?" I ask.

"Always."

We finish our cups of coffee and head back inside a little while later. We head upstairs, wash up, and climb into bed.

I snuggle up against his chest and he places a kiss on my forehead. 

"G'night Princess."

"Goodnight Conlon."

The End.