↠ 42

Night has fallen. It was almost dark except for the streetlights and moon shining brightly. Everyone waited on the rooftop of the cafe as Rei went to grab a couple packets of flesh. No one was seriously injured - just small cuts and Michael earned a large gash on his arm. Rei returned with a packet cut into small pieces. You only took two. You didn't have much injuries, you realized that there were a couple of cuts on your arms. You chewed on your pieces as everyone did also.

After this, it was time to go destroy them. A car driving interrupted your meal time and you peeked over the ledge. It was a news van, you realized. Huh, how strange.

"Everyone ready?" Rei asked, taking a look at the gash on Michael's arm. It was already healed now.

"Yes." Homura excitedly responded.

Rei looked at you. "Remember what you promised?"

"Of course." You answered. "I'll make sure that it will be done."

With a satisfied nod, Rei slipped on his mask. You all copied his actions and broke into a sprint to where they were hiding out at. The leader scaled a high building and stopped. You did the same and rested your eyes on a quite large building. It looked to be in the process of construction. Heavy machinery laid around it, long abandoned.

To deal with them here, it would be the same as the other one. Enter and try to kill as many as you could silently. One by one, everyone descended down to land in the dirt lot. Breaths were being held in fear of making too much noise. Footsteps were the quietest they have ever been to avoid the crunching and shifting of dirt and rocks. Your heart thumped in anticipation, knowing who was inside.

Pausing at the doorless entry, you took a peek seeing sleeping ghouls everywhere. Everyone entered and took places where there were small groups of ghouls. Your eyes flashed and your kagune popped out. Within seconds, the tentacles pierced through the skulls of sleeping ghouls and you could hear your family dealing with others. Unfortunately, since this would be the main hideout, ghouls were bound to notice.

A sleeping ghoul was awakened by a sickly noise. Michael's kagune silenced them forever. Everyone headed upstairs and luck was not on your side today. For a ghoul that was once sleeping was awoken and shouted, that caused others to wake. Gritting your teeth, you dove head on.

Your two main kagunes went in first as your last one helped with blocking other kagunes. You were not that quick when you felt something slice your leg. Then all of a sudden, thunderous footsteps approached and there was shouting. What?

You paused, seeing Doves enter the building. Sadly, when a Dove spots a ghoul, they do not care who it was. A centipede looking kagune popped out of a briefcase and you barely dodged it. Instead, it struck another enemy ghoul.

That was way too close. You scrambled away from the Doves. You frowned but took out another ghoul as you made your way to Rei.

He paused and looked at you. "You can go ahead to fight her." Was all he said underneath his mask as he went back to fighting. You simply followed his sentence and went upstairs. It was quite lonely up here. Only three figures perked up at the sight of you.

"You're finally here?" Yuki asked, sitting up from where she was resting on a chair. A smile played at her lips. "Took you long enough."

You gritted your teeth, not saying anything. You were tempted to but you knew that was what she would want. Immediately you could see that the smile slipped off. Her eyes flashed to those of a ghoul. "Go kill her already." Hayate yawned. "I want some entertainment."

Yuki stood up. "Of course." Small wisps came from underneath her shoulder blades and the familiar bat wings appeared. But now you knew the secret to them.

"Make sure not to get everything too bloody." The familiar raspy voice said. You glanced behind Yuki to see Riku. The leader of Akari Ki. He was leaning against the chair he was sitting in. A relaxed position for him and his ghoul eyes looked at you. "Nice to see you again, Y/N." You kept your mouth shut. "Is Rei downstairs? Haven't seen him in a while." He hummed.

You tore your gaze away when you saw something move towards you. Of course it was Yuki. You dodged the incoming attack and shot out a tentacle. Her wing blocked it. You saw a faint glow and using your other tentacle, you dug it into the floor and launched yourself to the other side of the room to avoid the large shards that were now in your place a few minutes ago.

She frowned. "You were supposed to stay still!" More shards came your way. Using the same technique, you kept dodging them. It was a tiring game of cat and mouse. At last, the wings dimmed down and you took your chance to strike. You shot out a tentacle, wrapping it around one of her wings. You lifted her up, with Yuki struggling every minute and then suddenly, she tried stretching out the other wing to reach you.

Quickly, you blocked it with your other tentacle. Yuki growled with anger. She uselessly struggled in your tightening grip. Rei was right. Emotions were not clouding your brain. Your last one rose up with intent to kill. Then you heard something shuffling behind you. Taking a quick glance, all you could see was Hayate. Your last tentacle barely managed to make you dodge one of his that struck the floor.

In a panic, you flung Yuki to the wall. Or what was supposed to be the wall. She crashed through the window. "Don't get in my fucking way." You snapped at Hayate who had a grin on his face.

Then you went over to the window, seeing her barely getting up. You climbed out of the window, kicking off the side of the building to land on the dirt lot. And now the real battle begun.

The boys had gotten their dinner, chewing it in silence. They've gotten multiple calls and texts from family and friends asking if they were safe.

It was a tiring day as the TV was kept on the news channel. Every once in a while, there would be an update saying; "Ghouls still in the city. Ghoul investigators are working hard to elimate the threat."

Jimin slightly frowned at that. A threat? He could recall all the times you were so friendly and all smiles. Then it gave away to when you fought that ghoul to save them. It was for the right purpose.

Everyone perked up, seeing another update of their city. "We have footage." The reporter said. The screen switched to a shaky camera. It was obvious that the media were trying to hide. They saw various people with some type of strange weapons. They watched nothing for the next few minutes until something flew out of the window.

A giant shatter was heard that made them jump. They could see a person sluggishly standing up. The boys saw the large bat like wings behind the person's back.

"That's a kagune..." Namjoon whispered but Jimim perfectly heard him. He was right next to him after all.

Seconds later, a figure joined the one on the ground. Jimim squinted his eyes and then they widened. That mask.

"Wait..." Jungkook leaned forward a bit. "Wasn't that similar to Y/N's uh... kagune?" He tested the foreign word, looking to Namjoon.

"I think you're right." Hoseok said, eyes glued to the TV.

Jimin suddenly stood up, almost knocking the food to the floor. "Y/N was there!"

"Huh?" Yoongi looked over to the pink hair male. "Where?"

"She was the one that night!" He declared. Of course it was the one night to when he was being chased by ghouls.