Chapter 26

Lloyd's Point of View

Penny, since a very long time ago, was many things.

She's a girl that could jump into any conclusion at any given time, yet, sometimes she could also be the only one to grasp a situation when no one else can. She could be undeniable numb, but at the same time, she could be tender, sweet, soft and fragile. She's, without a doubt, impatient, yet, she could also wait longer than any of us if she put her mind into it. Sometimes she's unreliable, but most of the time, she's more responsible than any teenager I've met. She's very obedient, but could be a rebel if she wanted to. She's one of the smartest of the smart, but also, she could be clumsy, disoriented, naive, dense and clueless like any of us. She could be selfish, blind, thick headed, critical, mean, stubborn and cruel. But all the same, she's kind, understanding, frank, caring, loving, gentle, cheerful, and loyal.

I understand, Penny could be one of the most unreadable human beings on earth. I get that, but there's more to it that you're missing. There's more to it than her being just a Penny.

Some people just thought of her as a...

Ah, she's a tomboy...

Ah, she's incapable of trying new things...

She's straight-forward, boring, indifferent, bitter, quiet, boyish, unsociable, awkward, judgemental, and a study-bug.

....

But they're missing the point...

Penny is shy, cute, smart, concern, curious, fun, childish, funny, careful and determined.

Many wouldn't know it at first glance, but it's only because it's hidden deep within her image.

We're too simple-minded creatures, too lazy to dig deep to see who she really is. Too laid back to understand and listen to the many details that could've given you a glance of what Penny Ray is.

She has her flaws, everybody does. And instantly, those are the things we notice first. And those flaws, are the things that are holding us back to get to know her better. You could say that those are the walls. And maybe, if you tried, just to look for a wee crack, then maybe you'd see something at the other side that could change everything.

Penny has a stand for everything, especially for who she is. In exchange with that stand, we are given a chance to see what kind of person she is. With everything she does, say, with every word she let out, it's a hint. A hint of what's what and it'd be up to you whether you'd take it or not.

To me,

Penny is a jewl.

A precious jewl that is covered by thick, hard stones that's preventing anyone who doesn't deserve it to see. It's protecting it, cause it knows damn well that many people don't have the guts and the mind to put the effort into it. To reach the jewl, it takes a whole lot to get there. A whole lot of work, a whole lot of experience, a whole lot of time, a whole lot of patients and a whole lot of thinking. You have to notice a lot. And if not, the little things is enough. But of course, it's up to you if you'd spare a time.

Not many had surpassed this, but if you'd put your mind into it, I'm telling you, it's worth it. You just got to keep digging, and digging, and digging. And once you do, you'd, I promise you, you'd see something that's worth wild.

It's worth it.

She's worth it.

Yeah I know it's hard, but if you accomplish this, then surely you'd come to cherish her that even her flaws you'd come to love.