Make A Choice

A/N: Up above is Mako

No One's POV

Mako was sitting in his tent as it was noon and his men were just coming back from a hunt as they were now about to head back home. He was meditating with his legs crossed for his right hand man to come into his tent making Mako open his eyes, "Is there something that you need?" "Yes sir." "Well what is it?" "It is about Luna sir." "What about her?" "Well, she just won't leave the human's side. She just sits next to him and shares her food with him." Mako seemed to grunt, "She didn't learn from her sister I guess. She is going down the same path." "The others are also uneased with the human coming with us and don't like him being here." "Don't worry, I will take care of this."

Luna was sitting next to (Y/N) as he still had his hands tied up, "You can go in one of the tents. Your getting cold." "No. I am staying by your side no matter what." "Thank you." "Your welcome." Mako then came out of his tent and into the forest. After half an hour he came back to go towards (Y/N) to cut the rope from the pole but kept his hands tied up, "You will follow me." The two started going for Luna to start following, but Mako stopped her, "You are not coming." "I am co-" She was then interrupted by (Y/N), "It's fine Luna. Just go and warm up." Luna looked at him with a pout, "Fine. But you better bring him back Mako." She watched the two go into the forest to go into the tent put up for her.

With (Y/N) and Mako they walked through the forest until they stopped after a few minutes. In front of them was a small square area covered in leaves. Nothing was said except for Mako pointing at the leaves, "Go walk in front of that." (Y/N) did as asked to have Mako continue talking, "I will make you a deal. You can jump into that pit in front of you and die, so that Luna can come back home and be welcomed with open arms. Or I can let you go, but Luna will be forced home as she will be disowned and work as a slave." Mako knew that none of the disowned thing was true, but (Y/N) didn't know, 'Now just walk away and leave. Do what-' Mako was brought out of his thoughts by hearing leaves crunching.

He looked in front of him wide eyed and bewildered as he saw (Y/N) in the middle of the leaves, "There's no pit." Mako stayed where he was until his fur stood up and his teeth came together as he growled a little, "Why?! I don't understand!" "What don't you understand?" "Why would you give your life for Luna?! You are a human and we are wolves! Why are you not afraid?!" (Y/N) looked at the ground for a second to then look at Mako straight in the eyes, "Because I love her. I love Luna. I don't care who or what she is, she makes me happy. So I can promise you, I will not break her heart and leave in the middle of the night." "I know what happens, I know why your doing this." "History is not repeating itself. If I ever did anything like what happened to your older sister, then you can strike me down where I stand." It was silent a little bit longer until Mako looked as ingeminating as he could, "Why are you not afraid where you stand? Why are you not afraid of me?" "Because I have seen evil in someone's eyes. From my species and yours. You don't have those eyes." 

Mako's fur eased up, as his teeth unattached again, and he stood up straight again to pull out a knife. He walked over to (Y/N) to cut his rope letting his hands free, "I will take that offer striking you where you stand." (Y/N) rubbed his wrists to follow Mako back to the camp as neither said anything for Mako to look troubled. When they arrived Mako's men looked confused for Mako to walk to his tent, "Get ready to leave! We go in an half an hour!" One of his men grabbed some rope for Mako to look at him, "Let the human be free. He won't cause any harm." "But sir-" "You heard me." He went into his tent for (Y/N) to look at everyone to then go to Luna's tent. He went inside to have Luna look up at him as she was sitting on her blanket. She got up to hug him, "Are you ok? Did Mako hurt you anywhere?" "I am fine Luna. My wrists just irritate a little." Luna took his hands to look at his wrists, "Come sit down." The two were now on there knees for Luna to lick (Y/N)'s wrist as he gave her a deadpanned look, "What are you doing?" Luna looked up at him, "It's what we do. Our spit can heal small wounds." She started licking again as (Y/N) let her. When she was done she sat back, "They should be fine in an hour or so." 

Luna was then brought into a hug as (Y/N) petted her head, "Thank you. For staying by me." Luna hugged back as she smiled while her tail wagged, "I always will." Mako had there tent slightly open as he looked at the two until he fully poked his upper body in, "Were leaving come on." The two separated as they walked out to see everyone geared up with a weapon in hand. Mako walked up to (Y/N) as he handed him his bag and walking stick, "Stay with the group and pull your weight. Do that and the others may not want to kill you." He left to start leading the walk as Luna patted (Y/N)'s arm, "He always jokes around with people he likes." "So he was joking about the killing thing?" Luna looked at everyone else to then look up at (Y/N), "It's a fifty/fifty shot."