Chapter 11

------------------> CORDELIA SAT ON THE CHAIR BESIDE SOPHIA'S BED, holding her hand that was getting colder every time she visited

------------------> CORDELIA SAT ON THE CHAIR BESIDE SOPHIA'S BED, holding her hand that was getting colder every time she visited. She spent most of her time in the hospital wing now, no matter how much the matron asked her to not stay there. But she knew that the matron secretly took pity on her and let her stay. 

There was nobody in Hufflepuff to keep her company. She was the only badger left standing, and she knew that it was only a matter of time before she genuinely starts to stay in the hospital wing as well.

James and Sirius still insisted on accompanying her everywhere she went (Peter had once again been given detention and Remus was feeling under the weather). They partially blamed themselves that they weren't around Sophia when she fell to the illness, and they were not going to let that happen again. 

A hand lightly touched her shoulder. She turned around to meet James's warm hazel eyes.

He gave her a half-smile. "We have potions in three minutes." He reminded her.

She mirrored his smile. "Give me two more." 

He nodded and Sirius gave her a soft smile. "It's alright, Cora. We can skip it. The two of us are here for you." 

"- still thinks it's some kind of a ritual." They heard somebody say before she could reply.

"It's wrong to eavesdrop," Cordelia said lowly as she strained her ears to hear better.

"-But we'll do it anyway." Sirius finished for her in a whisper.

"Ritual, you say?" 

"Yes. Henrik's Ritual to be more precise-" 

"-I've read about that one-" Cordelia whispered with wide eyes.

"-Then why haven't they been cured yet?"

"It's not so easy, Pomona. First of all, it hasn't been confirmed and secondly, to confirm it, they need to find the person who is causing this. Not to mention, destroy the conductor-" 

"-But when will-" 

"The three of you done here?" Madame Pomfrey asked, appearing out of nowhere.

Cordelia nodded quickly. "Yes. Thank you so much, Madame." 

Madame Pomfrey's eyes softened. "Of course dear. Now, if you are feeling light headed or having head ache, come to me immediately, alright?" 

Cordelia nodded. "I promise." 

Madame Pomfrey nodded, before looking at all three of them. "I have to give Miss Abbot her nutrition potion now. So off you go, all three of you." 

------> 0o0 <------

"I've read about Henrik's Ritual in this book," Cordelia explained to Sirius and James as they walked towards the Hufflepuff Common Room. "Basically, it was invented by Henry Henrik in the Middle Ages. First, you have to prepare this potion  using equal quantities of daffodil petals, acacia leaves, the stem of a carrot, dragon manure and the root of a pumpkin and the user had to drink it. After that, they had to think of a code-word of sorts while they drink the potion and choose a conductor.