Surprise

C H A P T E R  16YUNA'S POV

C H A P T E R  16
YUNA'S POV

Weeks have passed, and I still don't dare to talk to Kai. He kept on gazing at me when we encounter him in the hallway, but he never called my name when that happens. He's ridiculous. He's the wrong one here. How could he— ugh.

It's the weekend, and my senior friends, Chaeryeong and Ryujin, are hanging out today. Chaeryeong couldn't stop smiling these past few weeks. Ryujin doesn't react now when we mention Beomgyu in our conversation. She used to be so pissed every time we accidentally say his name.

"Chaeryeong spill it," Ryujin said. I nodded and ate my strawberry cheesecake.

"What?" She asked, and Chaeryeong's face turned into a confused one.

"You are acting strange lately. You're always happy these days," Ryujin said as she placed her elbow on the table and rested her face on her hands. She glanced at me and asked if I agreed to what she said.

"Yep. That's true. I mean, you're always happy, but you look extra happy these past few weeks," I said, and she just smiled.

"See that! See that! That's what I'm talking about!" Ryujin said while pointing out Chaeryeong's face.

"Who's the guy, unnie?" I asked with a smile on my face.

"Taehyun," she answered. She looked like she shouldn't have said her answer.

"Taehyun oppa? Him?" I looked at the coffee shop's entrance door, and there was Taehyun, gazing at Chaeryeong.

Wow, what a great match. Both are great at music and dancing, both kind and loyal. Yep, they'll work out.

Chaeryeong was also looking at Taehyun. She looked so in love while looking at him. Must be nice.

"Hello Chaeryeong... and Ryujin and Yuna" Taehyung said.

Ryujin, on the other scene, went silent. I glanced at Beomgyu, and no joke, he was looking at Ryujin! I thought they are enemies?! They used to shout at each other every time they bump into each other.

Beomgyu sat beside Ryujin, and Taehyun sat beside Chaeryeong. Now I look like their little sister who's going to ask them if they're seriously in love with my sisters.

"Wow... I'm third-wheeling two couples now," I said and looked at them all.

"We're not a couple!" Ryujin, Beomgyu, and Chaeryeong shouted in chorus.

"Oh, we aren't?" Taehyun asked Chaeryeong teasingly.

Wow. Just wow.

I heard the door chimed, which caught my attention once again. I immediately looked away and sipped on my smoothie.

"Yuna." I heard his voice say. I glanced at him and ignored him.

"Let's go," He said.

"Woah. What's this? Are you guys dating?!" Ryujin asked, and I looked at her with my eyebrows furrowed. I know she already understood that.