Two shots and a Toss

Chapter 42

_________________________________________

Taehyung pursed his lips, lightly nibbling on them- which he always did when a strain of anxiousness woke up inside him.

His feet bounced against the floor as his fingers twisted, fiddling to keep himself busy.

The Police Department was fairly a little too chaotic, with officers rushing around back and forth- probably due to armed robbery that had taken place in Seoul Bank almost 3 hours ago and the incident was all over the news.

"A hit and run case, you say?" The officer, in his mid 40s asked. His face distinct with wrinkles and grey hair sprouts. His gruff voice and the off-topic rude attitude made the Kim siblings uncomfortable.

"Yes sir." Jin cleared his throat.

"And why couldnt you report it yesterday, if you knew this was crucial?" The officer crossed his arms and leaned back into his chair.

Jin briefly glanced at his younger brother.

"Um... there were some setbacks. But I'm hoping, you could still look into the K-Kore restro's security camera to find the driver an-"

The officer snickered "so are you here, to tell me how to do my job?"

"Ya Kyung- look this guy here is to teach us our jobs" the officer leaned over to crane his neck to see the other male officer who probably was Kyung- who simply laughed along.

Jin breathed calmly, trying to calm his nerves, while Taehyung averted his gaze to think happy thoughts.

You cant get away with punching a police officer in a police department- Taehyung had to remind himself that.

The officer was being a total ass.

"With kind respects... sir-" Jin grit through "our friend almost died because of this driver. We need your help to find them."

Jin's stern stance seemed to work, as the officer averted his gaze and looked back at them seriously, clearing his throat.

"You think this could be a conspiracy. Why would you think that? And who do you have your doubts on?" The officer leaned a bit on the table.

"Yes, we believe it could be a conspiracy, to potentially harm somebody else, but our friend got caught up in it instead. And for doubts... it's a company- we actually... have been having certain problems with then, and they have even threatened our friend, so that's the only name that we can focus on. Jaehwa group." Jin replied, keenly observing the officer who took notes, but then suddenly stopped and looked up.

His face unreadable but Jin could read it well and honestly, he wasnt even surprised. He was expecting this.

The officer clicked his pen and folded his hands, looking at the two seated ahead of him.

"What did you say your names were again?" The officer asked, his brows crinkling into confusion and slight malice.

Jin stunned.

"He's Kim Wooyoung and I'm Kim Namjoon" Jin lied blatantly, without batting an eyelid.

Taehyung's ears perked up but he played along.

The officer looked at Taehyung for few more seconds, before settling back into his seat and continued taking the notes.

Taehyung glanced at Jin, who looked straight ahead- his face ice cold and professionally unpredictable.

Thanks to having great control over facial emotions, the Kim siblings excelled and got away with almost everything- they were probably con artists in another life, who knows?