T W E N T Y F O U R

TWENTY FOUR: TRUTH REVELATION & AGONIZING TOURTURE

"DON'T YOU THINK too highly of yourself?" Saying her turned to the other side, so he was no longer facing me. I felt filthy under his gaze.

I didn't say anything out of the place, did I? 

"Sorry? What do you mean?" I stuttered, my eyebrows peaking with concern and confusion.

"How can you come to a conclusion without the content of the other person?" He exaggerated with questioning and mocking eyes. 

"I was just-"

"You were just what?" 

Silence prevailed. I was speechless. My mind stopped processing. Deafening numbness. 

"You see, how you are so judgemental, dying to come to conclusions? Like, just with a few interactions with me you are falling at my feet to accept you. I knew you were alone and Shit but who knew you were so clingy…" I stared at him with a gaping mouth and air supply dropping.

Sense dawned to me after a moment. "What the hell are you talking about?" I screeched. "Everything was just all right a few hours back?" I said out loud, pulling up my hands in hyterics and talking a step in front of him. 

"Acting. I was acting. Do you know how you get on my nerves like a leech. You think that I will work on your orders. You want a contract marriage, you don't wanna walk down the aisle, you don't wanna take vows, you don't wanna attend the rehearsal dinner and what not! But you know what, I am extremely sorry to break this bubble of yours and tell you that it does not work like that. Already not in my home."

I just kept quiet, because he wasn't wrong but certainly not correct also. Moreover, I was too shocked to form an illegible sentence. 

"The look on your face tells it all." He exclaimed ridiculously and I was no longer sure if I'd come out of it sane. 

"Priceless. Who knew that such a tough Racer would be so easy to break." He laughed. His laugh sounded like destruction and chaos. My thoughts have scattered, trying to grip anything but slipping helplessly. 

"What was your record again?" He continued his taunts. I dare not speak. My vision was zooming out at the wall behind him.

"Doesn't matter." Scoffing carelessly, he looked at me, examining and enjoying. 

I looked up to him with drowsy eyes. "How did you change just like the second hand of the clock?" My voice was void of any sound, a mere whisper it was. 

"Honestly… Acting wasn't my thing, at all. Just like you. But some situations requires a bend in the rule, don't they?" His face wearing a derision and eyes needling me, my being. I don't remember feeling this helpless, limbless ever. 

"Now, would you have ever agreed to marry the person who I actually am? Huh!" His laugh echoing and bouncing back from the four corners. Things started making sense ...

 "It was all a trap. And you fell. Simple. But… Why does your face say that you have not a single clue of what is going on?" 

"Damn, I was so tired to follow your commands as if you were on the throne." He scoffed. He turned towards me in a flash and my eyeballs expanded. "But no darling," his voice went back to a cold one. "I am the one at power, with money and now, authority over you." 

"You cannot force me to do anything with you. Do you get that?" My throat shrieked as I pointed at my chest with bleary eyes. I took a few steps backwards, feeling safe then. A vase tumbled over, when my hand connected with it unknowingly. The sound of the broken glass shreds, synchronizing with that of my heart.