50

It was like a bomb had gone off.

A huge shock-wave originating from Fujio seemed to destroy everything inorganic in its path, including the walls.

Both Adam and I were flung backwards several feet- I landed hard on my bum, although the moment Fujio drank the water, my wrists were freed and something familiar made its way up my spine.

Ice.

But I was too busy seeing what was happening to Fujio to think about moving or using my powers. He seemed to be caught up in some kind of spirit-elemental-tornado, the smokey stuff swirling around him. He was no longer standing on the ground, but was hovering about a foot in the air. His eyes were glowing white.

Fuck.

I had no idea what to do.

Could I even do anything?

I looked over and saw Adam watching in awe, almost laughing.

Then, the tornado stopped, and Fujio gently floated back down to the floor. His eyes were no longer white, but a brilliant orange with slit pupils. Like a tiger, I realised after a moment. He laughed, looking at his hands.

"How do you feel?" Adam asked, standing up.

I stayed right where I was, hoping that they'd both forgotten that I was even here.

"I feel incredible." Fujio said. His voice wasn't the same- it had like an echoey undertone to it. Then, seemingly trying out his new power, Fujio took a deep breath. I couldn't tear my eyes away- he seemed to be growing, his muscles bulging underneath his clothes before tearing them. His fingernails grew into sharp claws, and as he laughed, I noticed his teeth also elongating into huge canines.

He wasn't a full on tiger, but he had all the features of one.

Fujio smiled, now three times bigger than before.

Meanwhile, I was sat here, unsure as to whether I could move or not.

Then, Fujio seemed to remember that I was here. Our eyes met, and my heart jumped before I sprung into action. I shot out with the ice, a steady stream of it aimed right at Fujio's face.

But it wasn't doing anything. Fujio had a clawed hand held up, deflecting whatever I was throwing at him.

"Pathetic." Fujio laughed, and started walking towards me.

He was fucking huge. His wrists were like tree trunks, the muscles bulging unnaturally so beneath whatever clothes he had left. Despite that, he still moved easily. Elegantly, if you like. I guess that was also down to the tiger in him.

I quickly got up, trying to avoid all the clutter around the room, wondering what I could do or where I could go.

I shot out with the lightning this time, but it was no use. It had no impact on Fujio, except perhaps fuelling his rage.

My foot caught on something, and I tripped, falling backwards.

I went to get up again, but I was too slow. Fujio grabbed me by the throat, lifting me high off the ground so that we were face to face. Each of his claws had to be at least three inches long, and were razor sharp.

He grinned at me.

"Shame you didn't want to stand with us, Millie." He said. "We would have made quite the team."

"Go to hell." I spat.

He laughed. "It's not quite my time." He said. "Goodbye, Millie."

And with that, he struck out with his free hand. He forced his clawed hand into my stomach, each of his knife-like talons digging into my skin.

It was painful. Like, really painful.

I couldn't breathe.

Fujio dropped me, laughing. I landed hard on the ground, the blood soaking my hoodie in a splotchy circle.

I got one last look at Adam before the ground seemingly left from underneath me.

_________