chapter 3

Gabriel's pov:

I drive to the same coffee we had lunch at yesterday. Andrea loved their food, so she kicked me out saying that I'm not going back without her eatables and pointing to the door with her fingers for me to leave. I swear one day that woman will make me go insane.

I look at my phone that is sitting in my phone holder and ringing. I check the caller's ID hurriedly and read an unknown number.

I ignore it trying to focus on my driving. It stops then starts ringing again, feeling annoyed I reach for the phone with one hand and keep the other one on the steering wheel.

All of a sudden I feel the car hitting something and catch a glimpse of it falling in front of the car.

I panic and get off the vehicle immediately, cursing whoever was calling, in my head. As I turn to see who or what I hit I find the blond waitress from yesterday grabbing her leg in pain."you! " I utter surprised. She looks at me confused and utters herself "Me? " Then she raises her voice a bit and questions "I'm sorry do I know you? "

I snap out of my daze and answer "No, I don't think so. You need to go to the hospital, can you stand up? " She nods and tries to move a couple of times but fails in every attempt.

I pick her up bridal style, when she doesn't ask to be put down I take her to my car and get her into the passenger's seat before I turn over to drive to the hospital.

When we reach the hospital, a doctor takes blondie to examine her as I wait to check on her when she's out.

After 30 minutes or so I hear a sweet voice saying 'hey'. I turn around to see the girl I hit. Her ankle is roped in an elastic bandage and putting her weight on crutches.

"It doesn't hurt a lot anymore. The doctor said the car didn't do any serious damage to my leg except for a bruise, but when I felt my ankle got sprained" She talks again in her sweet voice while smiling.

I speak scratching the back of my head "I apologize deeply for what had happened earlier"

She says hurriedly while blushing a bit "no don't worry about it, I was careless myself"

We stay silent for a moment then I add offering my hand for her to shake" I'm Gabriel carter by the way "

She looks at my hand then takes it in hers "and I'm Bailey Smith, nice to meet you"

We both walk to the exit of the health center, as I watch her struggle with the crutches, I feel even more guilty "what can I do to make up for what I did? " I ask.

She looks at me having to shoot her face up given the high difference "you can start with paying the hospital's bill" She chuckles.

"I was going to do that without you asking. I'll also give you my phone number in case you needed help or anything" I finish winking.

I search my pocket for my business card and give it to her when I find one. She takes it from my hand saying "I was joking about the bill you don't need to pay it".

"But I will," I tell her ending the subject.

When we are out I unlock my car and open the passengers' seat for her to get in, I look back and she's standing at the hospital's door "what are you doing? " I ask heading toward her.

Bailey looks at me puzzled " Waiting for a taxi" She answers like it's the most obvious thing.

"Well that's not happening, let's go I'll take you home" I finish going to my car not giving her a chance to protest.

As we drive she gives me the address and I take her to her apartment. I park the vehicle near her house and pull out to help her evacuate the car

"I hope I see you again," I say as I watch her walk toward the building. Blondie stops in her tracks shouting "me too" And disappears into the building.

I drive back to my house, too tired to check on the company and trusting Andrea with the remaining work. I get a feeling that I'm forgetting something at the mention of her name, but I brush it off when I start pulling up to my house.

I open the door and enter the kitchen remembering that I still didn't have lunch.

"Where the hell have you been? " Andy growls facing me.

I smirk at her and tease "awww did you miss me, Andy?" Her expression goes back to neutral before gazing at me weirdly " No I'm hungry, duh"

She examines my hands and adds " Where's my food, Gabriel? " Now Andrea is glaring at me shooting daggers from her eyes. Shoot, that's what I had forgotten.

I back off getting ready to run and lie "you were getting a bit fat, so I thought you would pass"

I walk fast to my room. when she registered what I just said she starts running toward my room, too late though, and shouts "What did you fucking say you fucking asshole? OPEN THE DAMN DOOR"

I laugh soundly at her attempts to open the door and head to the shower.
.. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .