Chapter 136 - Where's Potter?

:)

 It was chaos that followed, people were running and screaming everywhere. At least half the guests disapparated by the time curses started flying, and many more after that. Al had just performed a very powerful shield that hit an Auror with his own curse, when she saw a familiar face attacking Gabrielle. "Protego!" she shouted, and Avery had to duck to avoid his own spell. She grabbed Gabrielle's wrist and shoved her under a table. "Stay there!" she hissed, and the silver-haired girl nodded.

 "Pleased to see me, Dursley?" Avery asked, gaining on her instead, while she blocked and dodged his curses, wishing she didn't have heels on. "Come on - fight back! I know you've got it in you!"

 "What and let you arrest me?" Al retorted slyly, "Fat chance." Without firing offensive spells, the Order members that remained were quickly rounded up, until it was only Al left blocking Avery.

 "Give up, I'm getting bored!" he taunted, and she just scowled, continuing to dodge. Until Gabrielle was pulled from under the table, and Avery pointed his wand at her. "Hand your wand over, Dursley," he told her, "Or I'll get my way with this one." Reluctantly, Al dropped her wand at his feet, with the comfort that she still had one more trick up her sleeve.

 Everyone else was lined up against the far wall, while Al remained in front of them. "Now," Avery said, clearly in charge, "I think you know where Potter is, and you're going to tell me." Al stayed quiet, truthfully not having a clue where he'd gone. She hadn't even seen him disapparate. "Not a good start," Avery said, "Search the house!" he ordered, and a group of six headed away from the marquee.

 "As if Harry would be that stupid," Al scoffed in spite of herself.

 "Right then," Avery said, waving his wand around, "You and me are going to have a little chat."

 "About?" Al said, gritting her teeth while her stomach did flips.

 "Oh this and that," Avery said, clearly enjoying himself. "Come on." He turned and walked towards the house, and Al stayed where she was until two Aurors came up behind her and grabbed her arms. She followed him around the side of the house and into the yard, where he stood waiting.

 "The Minister said he wasn't here, but I think otherwise. Where's Potter?" he asked.

 "I don't know," she replied. He punched her in the face and she stumbled back, feeling blood spurting from her nose.

 "He didn't tell you where he was going?" Avery asked.

 "No," Al said, "He only told Hermione, and she's with him."

 "Granger?" Avery asked, and Al nodded, not believing for a second that he didn't already know that. "What about his Weasley friend? Didn't see him back there."

 "He didn't come to the wedding," Al lied, "He's ill with Spattergroit. You can check, he's in the house."

 "Where?" Al shrugged. Avery nodded. "You can go," he told her, "For now." The two Aurors led her back past the house to the marquee, where everyone stared at her in shock at the blood on her face. She calmly took a seat in one of the chairs, knowing that such a small yet defiant thing wouldn't be protested. Everyone else remained standing, staring wide-eyed at her face.

 Remus was next, and they took him off without even needing to touch him. Presumably he didn't want to make as much of a fuss as Al did. He returned ten minutes later, with no blood, but looking a little bit worn out and winced when he walked. Nobody dared to speak as they were led off one at a time for questioning.

 Tonks was after Remus, then Hagrid. Mr Weasley, Mrs Weasley, Ginny, Fred, George. Then Charlie, Fleur, and Bill. None of them came back as bloody as Al, except Mr Weasley, who had a split lip. Finally, hours later, Avery returned, as did the ten that had been searching the house. He took one look at the Delacours and asked, "You know where Potter is?" They shook their heads and he moved on.