#14 He was scary, real scary.

The alarm went off bright and early Monday morning and I buried my head under the duvet  willing the day away

The alarm went off bright and early Monday morning and I buried my head under the duvet willing the day away. The whirlwind of the last few days got burnt away by the protruding sunbeams of a new day. The handcuffs, the party, moonlit apologies and the heart wrenching excuse Liam came up with for remembering where I lived

"You listed your address on the psychology register during the first class."

He looked at me with a blank expression, burning into my eyes as if asking why else he would know my address. It was heart wrenching because I wanted him to remember. I spent the Sunday home alone watching re-runs of the Gilmore Girls, wallowing into a bucket of vanilla ice cream. Now I'm here, urging my limp body to get out of bed and start the school day.

Cool water bounced off my skin, waking me up and making me feel more alive. I pulled some denim shorts, a hoodie and black converses onto my freshly showered body, refusing to make a big effort today, throwing my damp hair up in a messy bun. I nodded at myself in the mirror before grabbing a bowl of Lucky Charms on the way out, this will do.

I met Tia in the hallway, our lockers are right next to each other so this is kind of like our meeting place. She gushed about John Paul telling all the details from their midnight swim to their midnight kiss. She radiated joy and I was genuinely happy for my best friend.

"We exchanged numbers and he's taking me out this Saturday, like on a date!" I could visibly see and hear that she was excited. "So... How did it go with Liam?"

Dark brown eyes hidden behind fluttery, long eyelashes burned into me with curiosity. It was her turn to scrutinize me for answers. Her face was lit up like she knew something that I didn't and I had an overwhelming urge to feed her curiosity. This is why Tia was the gossip queen, she had a natural ability to make people want to tell her things, but then I didn't have anything to report, did I?

"He made a pass at me when he was drunk. I said some really mean things to him and he walked off to go play tonsil hockey with another girl so I guess he wasn't too affected by my words. Then he found me at the end of the night, I apologized, he kinda, sorta did as well... I think. But that was it."