~Fifty Six~

Dedicated to all readers. We were only able to come this far because of you.

Song for the chapter; Time of our lives by Tyrone Wells.

We say goodbye, we hold on

to these memories that never die.

~Jade~

There were tables of six and fours and Uthman led me to where the rest of the gang were sitting. He pulled the chair back for me and I smiled at him. He winked back and my heart stopped for a while.

Oh my God. Bobo yii lo maa pami. Uthman would be the death of me.

He took his sit beside me and I turned to ogle him for the umpteenth time that evening. Hana was right when she said I'd have a fine face to stare at everyday if I should date Uthman. I just want to keep staring at his face everyday. He met my eyes and he smiled at me.

Oh my God!

'Hmm hmm. Shey the both of you won't go to an empty classroom like this? You're sitting beside each other and you're still ogling yourselves like that. Na wa oo.'

That was Akin and I turned to glare at him.

'Look at charcoal calling pot black. Do you think Ayisha did not tell me all about....'

He put his hands up in mock surrender.

'Okay Okay. Let's not go there, uhn? By the way, you look so pretty today.'

'I always look pretty but thanks anyway. And besides, the person that's supposed to say that to me has not said it.'

I peeped at Uthman through the corners of my eyes and I could tell he was staring intently at me.

'Oh, the both of you, your matter na another level. We can't put our mouths in it. And, it looks like cat got Uthman's tongue. I doubt if he's thinking straight with you beside him like that.'

'I don't doubt it. He can't think straight. In fact, he's not thinking at all.'

That was Daniel and we all burst into laughter. I don't know if I had that much effect on him sha.

Well, you do. You overdo self.

The dinner started in full force. The menu was Jollof rice and Fried rice and chicken or Turkey or whatever it was. When they were serving our food, I heard Caleb whose table was directly behind us say;

'Oh, they should have made pounded yam jhare. Rice that we eat everyday.'

But he started eating it almost immediately anyway. Someone cracked a bone loudly and I could have sworn it was him.

'This Caleb guy no dey alright. He should protest by not eating it na.'

'Not eating what? That guy na confirm FFO. I'm sure if they should bring pounded yam now, he go still eat am.'

Ayisha replied Akin and I paused for a moment to really admire how good they look together. Their names both started with A self.

'Are you checking me out now?'