Chapter 36: Give Me Some of Your Warmth

Third Person's POV

Jisoo arrived at the villa, weary and deep in thought, she changes into her slippers and goes straight upstairs to the bedroom, mulling over what Jennie said earlier at the mansion

"She plans to poison..."

"She.. plans to poison.. Hyumin.. her own son..."

Jisoo's mind went blank.

"Jennie? What did you say?" Jisoo asked cautiously,
no.. I must have heard it wrong...

"Jisoo, Miss Hee wants to poison Hyumin.. in his coma." Jennie said, obviously mortified as well

"Jennie.. What exactly did she tell you?"

"Jisoo, Miss Hee told me to make sure that you would drift further away from Taehyung, she wants me to create more misunderstandings for you two. She said she'll poison Hyumin soon, a non-lethal and small dosage yet enough to be recognized as poison. She didn't tell me the exact details but she made me promise to keep in touch and do my part in influencing you.."

Jisoo thought deeply

"Why?.. Why would she poison Hyumin oppa? For what purpose?" she blurted out her thoughts subconsciously

"I.. I don't know, whatever she plans to do, it must be big for her to even put potentional harm on her only son, not to mention he's in a coma." Jennie said, getting goosebumps all of a sudden.

This Hee Seonmi is insane, Jennie thought

"I'll.. figure it out, just update me if Aunt Hee calls you again. I need to get going.."

"Jisoo? Why are you sitting there motionless? Is something wrong?" Taehyung asked, removing his socks and loosening his tie

Jisoo instantly snapped out of her thoughts and glanced at Taehyung who had just entered the bedroom "Nothing.. I.. You should go take a shower first" Jisoo breathed, she needs to tell Taehyung sooner or later anyway, why not now?

"Mm." Taehyung acknowledged, unbuttoning his dress shirt leisurely

"Where have you been? Why are you dressed so formally?" Jisoo inquired

"Company matters. I needed to attend a party for business"

"Oh." Jisoo replied, nodding understandably

Taehyung tossed his dress shirt on the chair to the side as he reaches for his bath towel hanging on the outside of the closet, he proceeds to the bathroom casually as if he owns the place.

Ok.. He does own this place though. What the fuck am I thinking? Jisoo shook her head, why did she think of Taehyung in a narrative pov from herself?

"Okay that was weird.." Jisoo mumbled, standing to reach for a book on the shelf, then proceeding to slump back down on the bed "..maybe I'm reading too much y/n stories these days.."

Moments later, Taehyung finished showering and appeared walking out, Jisoo looked up to him only to see Taehyung only wearing his boxers, the towel loosely hanging around his shoulders as he dries his hair, drips of water falling from his neck down to his..

Jisoo immediately looked away, her face flushed because of those embarrassing thoughts resurfacing back in her head

"Taehyung please wear a shirt, the air conditioner is running. You might get a cold." Jisoo said, clearing her throat with an"ahem"

Taehyung finished drying his hair with the towel, turning to look at Jisoo as he approached and joined her on the bed "It seems that Miss Kim is concerned of my health?" he teased

"How could I not be, the temperature is so cold here yet you're barely even dressed." Jisoo closed her book, getting embarrassed to even look him in the eye

Taehyung snuggled closer to Jisoo, grabbing the book she's holding and putting it aside, he rubs himself onto her like a pet wanting to gain attention, squeezing himself against her, smelling that familiar sweet candy-like scent again.

"Give me some of your warmth then." he whispered close, tickling her neck

"You.." Jisoo was deemed speechless, her heart pounding fast.. "Use the comforter!" Jisoo looked away, slightly pushing Taehyung

"Hmm how about this, we get under the covers and then you can tell me what's bothering you." Taehyung said with a hint of seriousness, leaving no room for rebuttal.

Jisoo could only nod and get under the covers with him, she was feeling a little cold.. Maybe because she's hesitant and nervous in telling Taehyung.. She doesn't wanna burden him but he has the right to know Hee Seonmi's plans. After all, Hyumin is also involved in this matter.

"Taehyung, Aunt Hee tried to make me consume miscarriage pills." Jisoo breathed heavily..

"What..?" Taehyung was taken aback "You can't be pregnant.. We didn't.."

"I know, but she wanted to make sure. She wanted to separate us and sow discord between us using Jennie.."

"Your cousin?" Taehyung was intrigued

"Yes.." Jisoo trailed off, proceeding to explain everything in summary

Taehyung stayed still, completely expressionless, after hearing Jisoo's summary, he remained silent..

"Hee Seonmi told me to come visit her tomorrow at the hospital." Taehyung suddenly said

Hee Seonmi acts quick. Did she already start her plan? Jisoo thought

"You should visit tomorrow. You haven't seen Hyumin oppa for a while." Jisoo said with underlying meaning, pursing her lips. "I know she's planning something, but just play along."

"But—"

"Trust me." Jisoo said, grabbing both of his hands from underneath and looking him in the eye

"Okay." he nodded, his lips curving up slightly

Both were silent afterwards, since there was no room for further discussion, Jisoo turned to the other side, her back facing away from Taehyung, but before she could, a pair of hands grabbed her and prevented her from doing so.

"Taehyung what else- oomph—"

Taehyung abruptly pulled Jisoo closer to him, resting her head against his chest "I need my warmth, let's just stay in this position for tonight, please."

Jisoo's tensed body paused, then gradually loosened. Instead of replying, she just encircled her arm around Taehyung and snuggled comfortably in his embrace, her eyelids turning heavy.

"Good night, Taehyung."

"Mm.. good night, Jisoo." his raspy whisper was heard over her head.

The two slept together, peaceful and content in each other's embrace.

~~~

Thank you for reading,
okay this chapter just made my heart flutter as I was writing kskdhjsdjcfh

Apologies for any grammatical/typographical errors. Please point them out for them to be corrected

Thank you sooo much for 40k reads, this really means a lot :'<. I'll work hard to finally finish this story, please keep supporting me as your compliments are one of the reasons I strive to write this

Feel free to follow my wattpad account for updates.

**Votes, Comments, and Sharing are highly appreciated**

👑👑👑