18- Just Friends

Ted's POV

Ted's POV

It has been 2 days since I won the competition and I can say it definitely changed my life. Well, high school life.

After the contest, we still had class like always and me winning already made an impact. As I walk the hallways, people who I knew by face, but not by name, started greeting and congratulating me. Some even people I didn't even know.

Vanessa, the reigning champion since freshman, lost by a long shot. She didn't even have a place. The first runner up was Sam then followed by Lai. Who would've thought the three of us would occupy the top 3 spots. It's amazing!

I was in the living room, waiting for Kaden to pick me up. He agreed to also have a sleepover at Sam's later and I could already hear Lai's complaints on how every guy she liked is gay or likes another boy.

"Why are you so dressed? Are you going out with Zach again?" Tessa asked, sitting down on the couch.

"Oh, I'm actually hanging out with Kaden and staying over at Sam's till tomorrow so don't expect me later," I said.

"So, Kaden huh? He's kinda cute," she said with a smirk

"No, we're just friends."

A beep from a car outside interrupted our conversation, probably Kaden. He texted me that he was outside and I walked to the front door.

"Be safe! And tell Kaden if he hurts you, he'll be dead," Tessa said as I open the door.

"It's just a hangout and you're sounding like Jonathan," I said laughing.

"What do you mean I sound like him? He sounds like me!" She joked.

I walked to Kaden's car where he was waiting. We drove to about 5 minutes until we reached the park.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"I hope you like frozen yogurt," he said and I lightened up. I have a huge sweet tooth and a sucker for ice cream and frozen yogurt.

We got out of the car and started walking to the frozen yogurt shop. There was some awkward silence at first but we soon started a conversation.

"So, are you and Zach like um... in a relationship?" He started.

"Uh, no? Why'd you ask?"

"I saw you and Zach having some sort of a date at the park last week and thought that the both of you are together," he said. Now that I think of it, how many people saw us at the park?

"I don't even know why I even tried to hang out with you, thinking the both of you are together," he continued.

"Well, I'm glad you did," I smiled as we entered the frozen yogurt shop after walking for 5 minutes.

We picked out our froyo which Kaden kindly player for and walked back to the park. We stayed at the park for about an hour, talking. We talked about ourselves and I learned a lot about him.

"We should hear to Sam's," I said.

"Yeah. Can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

"I know this sounds weird but since you and Zach aren't together and I did like you, maybe I could um... kiss you?" He said.

"It's fine if you don't want to. I just... thought it would be nice if I kissed you before I remove my feelings for you. But if you don't want to, then no pressure," he continued and I laughed. He's cute.

I leaned forward towards his face and gave him a small peck on the lips. I could see his face visibly light up and it made me smile.

"So um... to Sam's house?" He asked, smiling. I nod and we went to the car then drove off to Sam's.

We parked at Sam's driveway beside Lai's car and went to the front door. Sam let us in and led us to the living room where Lai was sitting.

"Hey, Ted. Hey Kaden," she greeted, looking at Kaden the whole time.

"Lai, he's gay, ok?" I said.

"I'm gay, but I can turn straight for you," Kaden obviously joked but Lai being Lai, believed it.

"He's a flirt, huh?" Sam said as she sat down.

We both sat down too. I sat beside Sam while Kaden sat beside Lai, putting his arm around her shoulders.

"Don't lead her on for too long, she might just fall in love," Sam joked and we laughed except Lai.

"So, how was your date?" Sam continued.

"It's not a date. It's just a hangout."

"I'm bored, wanna play Truth or Dare?" Lai interrupted us. Oh no, not this again.

"I'll only agree if no one will kiss anyone," I said and they agreed.

"I'll go first! Dare!" Lai said excitedly.

"I dare you to sit away from Kaden for the rest of the game," Sam said with a smirk. Lai, sighing, did the dare and sat beside me, farthest from Kaden.

"I'll go next. Truth," Kaden said.

"Who do you like right now," I said.

"Rayven. I know, I know, he has the worst attitude but he is cute."

"Truth!" Sam quickly said before I could say anything.

"Have you ever had a crush on a senior? If you do, then who is it?" Lai asked.

"I do, Jonathan."

"Jonathan?" I asked surprised.

"Yep, and I still do. Now, your turn."

"Truth."

"Who did you last kiss?" Sam asked.

"Kaden," I said as Zach simultaneously came in. I'm pretty sure he heard everything cause I could see his face turning red from anger. Why would he even be angry? It's not like we're together.

"You f*cker!" He shouted and ran towards Kaden full-on ragging.

I acted fast and tried to stop him and I did but Zach managed to punch Kaden right in the face.

"What is wrong with you?!" Sam shouted.

He stormed upstairs, still angry. I haven't seen him like this in a long time and I haven't seen him punch anyone since he last punched me last year. Yes, he hosted to bully me physically too but he only did it to me r times. And no, Tessa never knew. If she knew, I don't know if I'd even be tutoring Zach.

"Are you ok?" I asked Kaden. He was holding his face which was red and probably in pain.

"I am so sorry Zach punched you. I don't know what got to him, probably he got jealous and he turns into a totally different person," Sam said, giving him a cold pack.

"It's fine and he gets jealous?" He said, taking the cold pack from him.

"Yeah, but I have never seen never him this jealous before. He must really like Ted," She said, looking at me.

"Oh, shut up," I said, blushing.