Chapter 11: Jealousy

Once all the lessons for the day was over, I borrowed the dorm kitchen and began making sweets for the forest fairies.

'Thank you to all the maids and chefs who taught and let me help them bake.' I thought to myself, thanking everyone at home for teaching me how to bake.

Spending almost the whole evening in the kitchen, I made different types of sweets for the fairies. Thinking of how happy they would be made my lips curved upwards as I packed everything nicely for tomorrow.

"Lily, I heard from the dorm lady you're in here." Catherine walked in when I was done cleaning everything.

"Ah I was making sweets, want some?" I asked, handing her some chocolate cookies.

"I love the sweets you make!" Catherine said humming in delight as she bit into the cookie.

I chuckled, taking all the sweets I have made with me back to our room, switching the kitchen lights off. "I'm glad you like it Cath."

"Why did you make so much though?" she asked as she went back to our room.

When she closed the door to our room, I began to tell her. "Remember when teacher Yate talked about fairies?"

Catherine nodded, sitting on her bed as she watched me place all the sweets into my bag. "What about them?"

I grinned, showing her a peace sign, "The forest fairies allowed me to see them."

"No way," Catherine gasped.

I nodded and told her everything that happened.

"That's amazing." she muttered.

I nodded, falling down onto my bed after changing into my pyjamas. "Maybe next time, we can try seeing if they will let you see them."

Catherine nodded, squealing, "I hope so!"

After chatting a bit more, we called it for the night and went to sleep. The next day, we woke up early and headed to class like usual. When lunch rolled around, I left for the forest, letting Catherine know beforehand.

Remembering the way I had used yesterday, I made my way to the forest. Not far from the forest, I already noticed specks of green light floating around, showing that I could see them and it wasn't a dream.

"Lily~ welcome back~" the fairies said as they fluttered around me.

They led me further into the forest, only stopping when we reached the place the fairies wanted to show me. It was a small tiny pond but the sunlight hit the pond perfectly, reflecting the water making the place brighter and shiny.

I took a seat beside a tree and opened the bag that had all the sweets inside. I had used my magic to disperse the sweet scent when I was in school so nobody would notice. Removing my magic, the sweet scent came back filling up the noses of the fairies.

"Smells delicious~!"

"I want to eat~"

"Sweets~~"

I chuckled, "Help yourself, I made all of this for you guys."

The fairies cheered in delight before diving into the sweets. The word 'delicious' kept coming out of their mouths as they continued eating.

"Lily is amazing~"

"Amazing~"

"I can bring more next time." I said once I noticed it was almost finished already.

The fairies nodded before they ran off somewhere. Not long after they came back with different types of fruits and flowers.

"These taste good Lily~!" they said, placing tons of it into the bag where all the sweets once were in.

I laughed and nodded, "Want me to use those for the sweets next time?"

They nodded, "Yes please~"

I giggled, taking one of the fruits and bit into it. The flavours burst into my mouth, making me widen my eyes in surprise. "These are really good!"

"Right~?" the fairies giggled, getting more for me.

"Thank you all." I smiled brightly, enjoying my time with them before I had to go back for my lessons.

"Lily~" the same fairy that helped me find my way back yesterday came up to me and placed small flowers around my hair and the braid I had done.

I smiled, lightly stroking their head, "Thank you."

I left the forest and went back to the classroom. Sitting down on my seat, I took out the materials I needed for the next lesson. I felt someone touching my hair which caused me to look up.

"What are you doing?" I asked Phillip as he continued examining my hair.

"Why do you have flowers in your hair?" he asked, picking one out. It was a tiny white flower.

I had forgotten there were flowers in my hair. I shook my head, but didn't try taking the flowers out of my hair, "Felt like decorating my hair."

Phillip sent me a judgemental look as he knew I wouldn't just randomly do this but he decided to let it slide.

"Where were you?" Phillip asked, twirling the flower in his hand.

"Why? Miss me?" I teased, swinging my legs back and forth lazily.

Phillip kept his lips shut before sighing, "Forget I even asked."

I laughed wanting to tease him more, "So you did miss me, how sweet of you."

Phillip leaned as close as possible with the table blocking him, "If I said I did?"

I blinked before laughing, "Did you eat something wrong today? Or did you get another bear charm?"

He glared at me before backing away, "I wish you would stop with your teasing. And yes in fact I did, it's a special edition one."

I scoffed, rolling my eyes, "As if you don't do that either."

Phillip mumbled something under his breath but I couldn't hear it so I shrugged it off.

"Go away, class is about to start." I waved him off.

Phillip sneered before going back to his seat which was just behind me, lightly tugging on my hair as revenge.

"Phillip I am close to throwing a goddamn whirlpool at you." I threatened but he only laughed in response.

"We've been together since we were eight, these threats do nothing to me."

I was about to fight back when Lucy walked in and straight towards Phillip. "Your highness, I just want to say thank you for helping me back at the cafeteria!"

Phillip smiled at her, shaking his head, "There is no need-"

"I insist! Please take these cookies as a thank you!" she cut him off, placing a bag of cookies in his hands before sending him a warm smile and walking away to her seat.

I look down at the bag of cookies, "Whoa your highness, you got cookies from a maiden in love." I said, silently mocking.

Phillip stared at the bag of cookies before a grin made his way on his face, "Why, are you jealous?"

I laughed, finding it amusing that Phillip even had the thought that I would be jealous of this. Phillip, you are the male lead, I know this whole story and how it unfolds.

"There's nothing to be jealous of." I commented before turning to the front.

You two are supposed to fall in love. And I don't want to cock block them. I didn't realise that my comment made his face blackened even more.

---

Author's note: Poor Phillip (っ˘̩╭╮˘̩)っ