Chapter 13: A Couple In Making

A few days go by and it was the day of the practical test. Ralph and I had been practicing whenever we could together which made us slowly become friends as we had to see each other most of the time.

"Are you nervous?" Ralph asked as our turn got closer.

Ralph has gotten more talkative and friendlier as we continued spending time together that we even have small jokes only two of us understood. I stretched my body, preparing myself for our turn.

"Not really, I mean we are just showing off our magic."

Ralph laughed and nodded, turning his attention to the next pair who was showing what they had prepared for the test. Some were interesting while some weren't. When our turn came, we went down to the stadium where the test was held. The students were all standing above us, looking down from a safe distance.

This was a safety rule to prevent any accidents when using magic. I nodded over at Ralph, signalling him to start. Placing his hand on the ground, I felt the ground under my feet shaking before shooting me up into the air.

The teachers and healers were on standby, alarmed by the sudden burst. I slowly began to fall before I disappeared into thin air. The teachers who were marking us, whispered to each other.

Up in the air, a small water spiral came out, revealing myself floating up in the air surrounded by the water. Gently, I landed on both feet before Ralph and I bowed to the teachers, ending our showcase.

"You guys did so well!" Catherine said, clapping at us once we walked back up to the stadium seats.

"It's all because of Ralph!!" I beamed, patting his back, knowing we were gonna get good marks for this test.

Ralph shyly smiled, rubbing his nape, happy to be getting praises. "This only could happen with your ideas Lady Lilyana."

I proudly nodded, "That's right!"

"It's Phillip's turn." Blaive said, pointing down below.

Watching Phillip and Lucy showcase their magic, my eyes fell upon Phillip who had a serious concentrated look on his face. I chuckled, pressing my chin onto my palm as I leaned against the railings.

Everything was going well for them, the teachers were nodding in approval at their showcase but when it ended something odd occurred.

Lucy was about to leave back to where all students were at when suddenly Lucy looked terribly pale, slowly walking,

"Y-your highness...I don't feel well.." she weakly spoke before falling to the ground, coughing badly until blood came out.

Phillip ran to her side, "Hey are you okay!?" he asked but she couldn't respond as she continued coughing uncontrollably.

The healers quickly ran to her aid, checking on her condition. "There seems to be nothing wrong with her!"

Phillip frowned, "Impossible then why is she coughing this bad?!" he then got on one knee and wrapped his arms around her body before carrying her up.

"We are going to the infirmary, find your best healer now." Phillip said before rushing off with Lucy in his arms.

"Yes your highness!"

Looking at the situation from above, for some reason it didn't sit right with me. Then it clicked in my head. This happened in the book as well. Phillip would ask her to pair up with him for a practical test because nobody wanted to pair up with a new student who just came in their last year.

When they did the test, Lucy still wasn't custom to all her magic which caused her to have a minor internal injury that made her cough out blood.

'Maybe it's being fast forwarded now since she came two years earlier...' I thought to myself as I watched Phillip's figure disappear to the infirmary.

Afterwards, the test resumed as usual until the last pair of students finished theirs. Phillip and Lucy didn't come back either.

"Should we find Phillip?" Catherine asked as the four of us including Ralph walk out of the stadium and back into the school building.

Blaive shrugged, meaning he was fine with anything. Ralph looked uncomfortable to say his opinion which only left me.

I smiled and shook my head, "No need, I'm sure he's still at the infirmary helping Lucy recover from the sudden incident just now."

Catherine blinked and stared at me with narrowed eyes, "...You're not going to do anything?"

"Why should I?"

In the book after Phillip brings her to the infirmary, they became closer as they talked and spent time together. I don't want to barge into their 'special' time.

Catherine had a small frown on her face as she placed her hand on her hips, "Lily are you not worried? A boy who is your fiancee and a girl together alone in a room?!"

I sighed, "Cath I don't understand why you are getting so worked up about this matter. What Phillip does isn't always my problem."

My answer seems to make Catherine even more displeased as her frown grew deeper. Taking a step closer to me, I knew she wasn't happy.

"Lily~?" Catherine smiled but I could feel anger through her smile. Swallowing my saliva, I put my hands up in defence.

"Now now, Cath, let's not be hasty here..."

'I'm screwed aren't I?' I cried to myself.

In the end, I am now standing in front of the infirmary where Phillip and Lucy are in. Catherine forced me here and I couldn't reject especially when she wasn't having no as an answer. I took in a deep breath and knocked on the door before opening it.

"Sorry for interrupting-" my sentence came to a halt when I saw Lucy holding Phillip's hand tightly.

'Ugh this is why I didn't want to come here Cath.' I stared at them, no one moving an inch.

'Actually...maybe this isn't so bad.' I thought to myself, walking over to a corner, taking a seat.

My eyes lightly sparkled as I calmly spoke to them, "Don't mind me, please continue what you were doing."

Phillip finally came back to his senses as he quickly snatched his hand away from Lucy's hold. "L-lily."

'Tch I would have been able to watch a scene out from the book if you didn't do that.' I clicked my tongue before looking away.

Phillip abruptly got out of his seat beside Lucy and walked over to me. "What are you doing here?"

I looked at his expression, before nodding to myself. 'You must be annoyed that I interrupted you, I'm sorry Phillip.'

I stood up from my seat and patted Phillip's shoulder. "I knew it was a bad timing."

Turning to the door, I twisted the doorknob before looking back at Phillip who had a mixed expression on his face. I smiled and showed him a thumbs up, leaving the two alone in the infirmary once again.

'Phillip I'm doing something good for you right now, you better pay me.' I happily walked away, feet lightly skipping.

I didn't realise that I have angered Phillip even more than I did.

---

Author's note: me and my inconsistent timings of posting chapters (●'⌓'●)