Chapter 94

After Sirius and Jenna returned back to the house, they saw James and Fleamont pacing nervously around the hall as Euphemia was sitting down, rocking back and forth on her seat anxiously.

"Are you guys okay?" Jenna asked hesitantly, walking inside along with Sirius.

They abruptly turned toward the two and Mrs. Potter promptly got to her feet at their sight.

"Where hell have you been!?" James snapped, walking toward them.

"Out?" said Sirius, shrugging.

"Oh, out! How come we didn't think of there!?" said James sarcastically.

"Look," Mr. Potter started, looking slightly relieved to see that they were alright, "these aren't good times for midnight strolls when you're on your own. It's dangerous. And you didn't even tell us. We were freaking out!"

"I'm — I'm so sorry," Jenna muttered guilty.

"It's alright," Mrs. Potter sighed, going forward and bringing Jenna into a hug. "I was so worried..."

Sirius pursed his lips together and he avoided looking at them, feeling guilty for making them worry, after all they had done for him.

But he took aback when Mrs. Potter let Jenna go and moved forward, hugging him tightly. "Thank heavens you're both alright."

***

The next day was the busiest day yet as everyone ran about, trying to get everything ready before the guests' arrival for the Christmas party.

     The party soon started and the guests started coming one by one. But Jenna, who had hoped to take a quick nap before getting ready, shot awake after hearing a small knock at her door.

      Looking at the door through half-open eyes, Jenna saw Lily walking inside the room to her surprise, in a beautiful long blue dress.

       "Wow, you look beautiful, Lil," said Jenna sleepily, yawning and rubbing her eyes.

      "What are doing in bed!?" Lily scolded, walking toward her.

      "Well, merry Christmas to you too," said Jenna grumpily, slowly sitting up on the bed.

       "Everyone's downstairs! Mrs. Potter sent me up to see why you're not coming!"

        "Okay, okay! I'll start getting ready. Just a quick shower —"

       "No time for showering," said Lily impatiently. "Your mum's gonna be pissed."

      "Nah, she wouldn't even notice my absence," Jenna shook a hand at her reassuringly, getting out of bed. "She's too busy."

       Just then, the two girls turned around when the door opened once again and Marlene and Alice came in.

       "MERRY CHRISTM — wait — I didn't know we could attend the party with pajamas!" Marlene retorted angrily, looking at Jenna. "That's not fair! My mum told me to wear this stupid dress!"

       "I don't think Jenna's ready yet, Mar," said Alice softly.

      "Oh," said Marlene, her face falling. But then she clapped her hands together in excitement. "Can I help you choose your dress!?"

       "No, I already know what I'm gonna wear," said Jenna, making her way over her closet and taking out a plain gown.

      "But that's too boring," said Marlene, grimacing. "Oooh, how about this one!?" She squealed, taking out a red dress.