Sad Ending

(For clarification, this is not a continuation of "Happy Ending." This is a separate ending, made to continue after "Pants." Again, I'm sorry that the last chapter was stupid. It might be hard to transition from that chapter into this one :')) Keep in mind that the time passed between this chapter and the last is around two or three weeks. Yes, this chapter is similar to the happy ending.) I SWEAR THIS AINT CHARLASTOR-

Charlie quietly opened the door to Alastor's room. Alastor was in quite a happy mood, humming to himself and organizing his bookshelf, along with finding other small things to do just to pass the time. The past few days had been calming, and he had finally excepted his new life at least a week before. He had more appreciation for his partners at the hotel, and yes, he finally considered them friends.

He turned around, noticing Charlie in the doorway, and grinned at her. "Hello dear, what can I do for you?" he asked. She glanced to the side, pausing for a moment. "Well, I guess I need advice," she said, looking back up at him. He tilted his head slightly and paused. He didn't expect anyone to come to him for advice.

"Of course. Take a seat if you'd like," he suggested. Charlie nodded and walked over to the edge of his bed, sitting with her hands in her lap and her head down. "You seem distressed," Alastor said. She sighed and shrugged a little. "I am, actually. That's why I'm here at all," she said. He nodded and waited as if telling her to go on. "It's been three weeks, Alastor. Not one of our few residents has been redeemed. I'm starting to lose hope," she said.

Alastor let out a sigh as he took off his monocle and started cleaning it. "You must understand- if redemption is possible, it will take time. Patience is key my dear," he said while wiping off his monocle and placing it back on his face. She glanced up at him, a bit surprised. "Since when were you the type to keep anyone's hopes up?" she asked.

"You were the one who came to me in the first place," Alastor said with a smile. Charlie gave a small, fake laugh. "I guess you have a point there, Al." There was a pause between the two before Charlie let out a breath and hopped off the bed, standing to face Alastor. "I should be going... I'll see if Vaggie needs help with anything," she said. Alastor nodded, though it was the shortest conversation he'd ever had. He watched her walk out the door and slowly shut it behind her.

A few days passed before something worthwhile finally happened. Alastor was talking to a hotel guest before he heard Angel call his name from the lobby.

"AL! ALASTOR!"

He turned his head, wondering what Angel could want at this time. "Excuse me," he said to the demon he'd been talking to, "it seems a colleague needs my help." He made his way towards Angel's voice, but before he could walk even ten feet, Angel ran up to him and took his hand, out of breath. "Al-- Al you gotta see what's happenin' out here-" he said, panting. Alastor had a confused expression as he watched Angel catch his breath. "Calm down, what's happening?" Alastor asked, almost concerned. Angel took a deep breath before pausing and looking Alastor in the eyes.

"Charlie was right."

Alastor stared at Angel for a moment, processing what Angel could ever mean. "Right about..." Alastor trailed off, mid-question, as he saw Charlie peak around the corner. "Charlie?" he said. Angel turned and looked at her as she quickly made her way up to them. "You'd better hurry, or you'll miss it!" she said.

Alastor followed closely behind, anticipating what he was about to see. They made their way to the front doors of the hotel, Alastor's eyes widening.

Standing before them was a human, a very familiar one to say the least. She turned and looked at them, smiling. Alastor's ears went back as the human waved to him. He was both confused and slightly frightened as an angel appeared, a hand on the human's shoulder. "What..." Alastor whispered, "in hell..." Charlie noticed Alastor's expression and unusual demeanor, smiling a bit. "Alastor," she said, "that's Niffty." Alastor looked down at her, noticing a few tears in her eyes.