twenty five

A/N
Sorry Scarlett is finessing Carolines dress from the show even tho every other book does it.

"It was their mother Esther who was sealed in that coffin." Elena explains as my eyes widen.

"As in the Original Witch?" Stefan asks, picking a piece of pineapple from my bowl and plopping it into his mouth.

"What? How is she even alive? Thought her hybrid freak show of a son ripped her heart out a thousand years ago." Damon says making me chuckle slightly before bringing my fork to my mouth and eating the pineapple cube on it.

"I don't know. I'm guessing she has a couple connections in the witching community. Elijah said that she wants to live in peace with her family, including Klaus." Elena says making me furrow my eyebrows. Must be really nice to forgive the guy who murdered you.

"She was supposed to be the weapon to help us kill Klaus." Stefan sighs.

"Well, not anymore...at least not according to Elijah." She says, picking an apple from the kitchen island.

"That coffin was the only thing stopping Klaus from tearing us to shreds." He says.

"Anyone else feeling a little used right now?" Damon says as I nod.

"Look, Elijah promised me that his family wouldn't hurt any of us." Elena sighs, taking a bite from her apple. I look to Stefan who was again stealing a piece of fruit. I slap his hand away just as the doorbell rings.

Elena goes to answer the door and comes back holding an envelope and a box tied in a familiar blue ribbon. I raise and eyebrow from my seat.

"What is it?" Damon asks as she reads the small name on the box. She hands it to me with her brows furrowed in confusion. She then opens a card that had her own name on it

"It's an invitation. "Please join the Mikaelson Family, this evening at seven o'clock. For dancing, cocktails and celebration." I say, reading the small note attached to the box that has Scarlett written on it.

"I got the same thing." Elena says, her eyes roaming the small card.

"Who the hell are the Mikaelsons?" Stefan asks in confusion as he peers over my shoulder at the note.

"The Original Family, dumbass." I say making him nudge my shoulder jokingly.

"Well are you gonna open it today, or?" Damon speaks making me nod, snapping out of my gaze on the fancy invitation. I slowly undo the dark blue ribbon on the silver box. I open it to find a midnight blue dress, decorated with small diamonds.

My mouth falls slightly. I had never seen a dress so beautiful. It looked like something a princess would wear.

"Let me guess who sent this." Stefan says, rolling his eyes as I gently pick up the dress to examine it further.

"Its so pretty." I say, under my breath as my fingers run over the gems.

"Save me a dance, fondly Klaus. How romantic." Stefan patronizes from beside me, I turn to see him holding my note and reading from the back of it. I snatch it from him, feeling myself blush slightly.

"shut up."

"It's not bad enough they're moving into town, now they want both the Gilberts at their party. What a joke." Damon says leaning against the island.

"Wait, there's a note on the back of mine too. "Elena, I think it's time that we finally meet, Esther." She reads, looking up in slight shock.

"Okay so neither of you are going." Damon drawls nonchalantly.