7. Resistance

Enjoy Reading (:

---------------------------------------------------------

Flashback:

Zara in IIMR:

Next few days Zara was thankful that her roommate woke up on time and she didn't have to be alone anymore.

She made a few friends and mostly kept herself busy in the library, but was careful to avoid seniors just like any junior.

Kabir Shah.

The name was not uncommon amongst juniors. She heard how her batch mates were fangirling over his looks. His blue eyes were a subject of curiosity.

She didn't tell anyone about her encounter with him because first of all she didn't want any unwanted attention and secondly she felt it was kind of their moment. She mentally slapped herself for thinking that way.

That guy didn't even talk to her and she was thinking as if it was something big. She sighed and realised that just like other girls of her, she was being naïve and developing crush on him. No she can't have that. She can't let anything distract her. She has to stop thinking about him; after all it wasn't as if something was possible between them.

He can have practically any girl in the college or even outside it and she wasn't even going to try and get his attention. She was too shy to do anything like that. So there was no alternate reality in which they could be even friends. She has to stop thinking about him, stop developing any kind of feelings for him.

And so she did that. Left the place where his name was called, missed the extra curricular activities where he was going to be. Hell! She even missed the convocation ceremony of their seniors in her first year just to avoid him still she can't forget those blue eyes.

With a defeated sigh she realised that she can't act like a coward and run away from him. She needs to face him eventually because he will be there in postings and she has to attend them from second year. There was no way out. May be not in the same department as hers but she has to face him in the hospital. So she has to be strong. She will still try to make herself scarce in front of him but she won't avoid things just to avoid him.

And hence began the toughest resistance on her part. She won't talk in his presence just stand quietly on the few occasions he was with her batch. But she can't stop herself from observing him. Not like a stalker, that would be creepy. She looked at his manners, his personality and above all his dedication.

He was dedicated not only towards his studies but towards anything and everything he did. He was one of the highest scorers of his batch. He laughed freely with kids and played guitar for them. She noticed that when he was posted in the paediatrics department and she was in the OBG postings. The two places were close so medicos could sneak around when no one was noticing or when they weren't taking cases.

She made sure that he didn't notice her presence. She would just sit and read case sheets in one corner of the ward while he will play with kids on the other corner. Also, her batch mates were with her, few of them would go and talk to him about the cases or any other problem just to talk to him but she never did that. Not a single word.

Why?

Because she didn't know what to speak in front of him.

And also she already had senior girls who helped her with everything. She had all the notes and books that she needed. She even got the important markings from them without even asking. Maybe because she was her batch topper but then again they didn't help others so she thought it was because she kept a low profile and they somehow liked her.