Chapter 32: The Breaking Point

^Thank you @Jelly_Mess for the amazing fanart!!

Recap: Tristan is imprisoned. (Y/n) and Myrrine are caught escaping.

A guard grabbed (Y/n), while another grabbed Myrrine. They began to drag the two away.

"Stop," (Y/n) yelled. "She's innocent. She didn't kill the king."

But nobody listened to her. She looked at Myrrine with wide eyes.

"Myrrine," (Y/n) yelled out. Her body struggled against the grip holding her back.

The older woman just gave her a sad smile. "It's all going to be okay, dear."

(Y/n) had no time to respond as she was taken back inside the castle. Horror built up in her chest as they got closer and closer to the throne room. The doors were opened, and (Y/n) was shoved inside.

She stumbled to the ground. Her gaze drifted towards the other end of the room, where Leo, Kion, Roman, and Ellis all stood. A shiver of fear ran up her spine.

"Glad you could join us (Y/n)." Ellis spoke up. She expected him to yell at her, but he just stood there with a wide smile on his face. It unsettled her. "Don't be shy," he said, "come here and take a seat."

Ellis gestured to the wooden chair next to the throne. (Y/n) eyed it suspiciously. She really didn't want to go there, but she wasn't stupid. There was clearly an underlying threat to his words. She slowly walked over to the chair and sat down. Ellis sat down on the throne.

(Y/n) fidgeted in her seat.

"I'm glad you're here (Y/n), I have a gift for you."

(Y/n) raised her eyebrows. "A gift?"

Ellis's eyes glinted with something cynical. Roman moved behind (Y/n)'s chair.

"Of course," the dark-haired male said, "guards, bring in our guest."

(Y/n) turned to the door. Her heart stopped when she saw a familiar figure come through the door.

"(Y/n)!" the child's voice exclaimed.

"L-lily?"

The little girl grinned and started to walk towards (Y/n), but a guard held her back. This made the child frown.

(Y/n)'s back was rigid. How had they found Lily? Or worse, why was she here?

"Lily," (Y/n) said slowly, "why are you here?"

Before the girl could respond Ellis butt in. "I invited her here of course. I thought you would be happy to see your family, but your face says otherwise."

(Y/n) saw right through his innocent facade, but Lily did not.

"I'm so glad I get to see you, (Y/n), I've missed you."

"I've missed you too Lily." (Y/n) turned to Ellis. "Can I speak to you?"

"Well you're doing that right now aren't you?"

(Y/n)'s jaw ticked. He was playing with her. "Privately, I mean?"

Ellis stood up from his throne and stood in front of her. He bent down, beckoning her to speak.

"Why did you bring her here?" she quietly asked.

"I told you didn't I?"

"Stop with your games. I know that's not the real reason," she spit.

A dark shadow crossed over Ellis' face. "You're right. I didn't bring her here for that."

"Then why?"