Chapter 35

Author's note- y'all we tackling the beach episode!! Honestly been looking forward to this one sense I've started this book! Get ready for some petty relationship drama!! :)))) (also can we get a moment of silence for how attractive Zuko looked in this episode like OH MY LORD) Also this chapter is the longest one yet! (Seriously it took FOREVER )

Speckles of water splashed in the air with each passing wave. I sat awkwardly next to Zuko trying to avoid as much eye contact as I could from Azula. Basically, Zuko was dragged into a vacation with Mai, Ty Lee, and Azula. Then, Zuko dragged me with him. The only reason I agreed to go (and risk my life spending a holiday with Azula) is because at least I could gather intelligence for Fai.

I mean it was nice to get away from the palace, but hanging out with the girl whose tried to kill me several times and the girl who definitely has a major crush on my  sorta boyfriend-turtle duck buddy-maybe fiance (I don't  know it was never fully addressed) who I'm still mad at wasn't exactly my idea of a good time. But hey... at least Ty Lee's chill!

I stared off the boat taking in the fresh sea breeze.

"I'm so excited to spend the weekend on Ember island! It's gonna be great to hang on the beach and do nothing." Ty Lee gushed.

"Doing nothing is a waste of time! We're being sent away on a forced vacation. I feel like a child." Zuko scoffed his cloak flowing in the wind.

"Lighten up, Dad wants to meet with his advisors without anyone else around. Don't take it personally." Azula sneered crossing her arms.

"Doesn't your family have a house on Ember Island?" Ty Lee chimed in.

"We used to come every summer when we were kids." Azula stated looking at me for a moment.

"That must have been fun!"

"That was a long time ago." Zuko muttered looking off into the water.

"Zuko, you have no right to complain since you're the one who dragged me here." I added mildly annoyed.

"(Y/N)!"

"Wow ZuZu, forcing (Y/N) to spend time with you? That's a new low even for you." Azula smirked raising her eyebrow.

"Be quiet Azula..." Zuko spat.

~

The sight of the shore was finally in view. On the deck, two creepy old ladies stood wearing massive sun hats,
"Welcome to Ember island, kids."

I remembered these ladies from my childhood, they're part of the Fire Nation royal family but I honestly can't remember how. They lead us into their cottage by the shore in which we were immediately engulfed in pastel pinks and out dated florals.

"It smells like old lady in here.." Zuko whispered at me.

Before I could reply Mai shot in with,
"Gee, I wonder why."

Ty Lee dashed over to a photo displaying two young women in a rather... interesting position,
"Who are these two beautiful women?"

"Can't you tell? It's Li and me." They replied demonstrating the pose causing Zuko to almost throw up but honestly I couldn't blame him.

I smirked raising my eyebrow. The room we were to stay in was somehow even pinker then the rest of the house. Everything had to be at least 30 years old and filled with dust.

"Ooh I love this seashell bedspread!" Ty Lee chimed dashing onto the bed.

"Are you serious? It looks like the beach threw up all over it." Mai hissed.