𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 32.

"𝐒𝐎, 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐃𝐀𝐃'𝐒 already gonna kill me," Pope said, "So what's this mandatory meeting about."

The five of us were around a fire in the middle of the forest, sitting on old fallen logs, our faces orange from the light of the flames. John B sat next to me, while Pope settled in next to Jj, and Kiara sat, still in her dress, across from us. I was still wearing my dress too, my flower crown still on the top of my head, and Sarah's small bag still on my shoulders.

Running from Midsummers reminded me of running away from the graveyard. Except, the cemetery, was the first time I really hung out with all four Pogues, and felt something. When Kiara had grabbed my hand and pulled me along with her, both of us running from all those Kooks— including Sarah— I felt like I was breaking so many rules. If my parents would have seen me then, seen their daughter completely embarrass herself with such absurd manners in front of so many people, they would be truly enraged.

But I couldn't care less. My parents, were somewhere in Europe, filming a show, and couldn't even spare a minute to say hello through a phone. I suddenly felt like I should stop thinking about them— and what they would do, seeing me with these Pogues— because, for anything, they weren't in my life anymore. I enjoyed running through the wind, laughing hysterically as the rich people gawked, running into John B's arms, and not giving a shit of what anyone else thought.

Now, John B gave me a glance, a sly smirk pulling at the corner of his lips. He placed a hand on my knee, and sighed out happily, preparing to tell everyone what I already knew.

"Might as well tell him, man," Jj spoke slowly, looking to Pope for a second. "Before we're gaffed," he threw a stick into the fire.

"You ready for this?" he gave everyone a sly smile, his eyes lingering on every face.

We made eye contact when he looked down at me. For a second I stared up at his face, illuminated by the orange glow of the fire, looking at the tinniest of freckles along his cheeks, and the shining green colour of his eyes. I felt a wave of excitement rush through me, causing me to bite down on my bottom lip to contain it, my hand gripping onto John B's— which was still resting on my knee. Our fingers intertwined.

"Yeah," Kiara said quickly with a tone of impatience, as if he were dumb. She folded her hands together.

"So," John B paused, indicating that his next words would be stunning, "The gold never went down with The Royal Merchant." He finally said, with confidence.

"God, here we go again with this shit," Pope scoffed.

"It makes sense," I interjected, "just wait," I sent him a small smile for reassurance.

"Yeah, dude, wait. Just hear him out, all right?" Jj tapped Pope's shoulder with the back of his hand.

John B put a finger up to his lips, "It's been here the whole time," he grinned. "And it's on the island."

"Are you serious," Kiara said uncertainly, and with disbelief, shifting her eyes between John B and I. I gave her a solid nod. "Oh my god," she laughed.

"I would like to voice my skepticism." Pope lowered his eyes at us, folding his hands together.

"I'm sure you would, Pope," I let out a small laugh.

John B stood up, and sighed happily, "Can I please present you with my evidence, sir." My hand fell from his as he then slowly trotted around the logs, stopping in front of everyone.

"Proceed." Pope waved him off.

"Alright, so," John B spoke excitedly, "In my backpack, I have a letter from Denmark Tanny."