17 maybe almost dying wasn't all for nothing

AS TALIA ENTERED THE BEACH WHERE THE POLICE HAS SET UP, SHE WAS IMMEDIATELY OVERWHELMED

  AS TALIA ENTERED THE BEACH WHERE THE POLICE HAS SET UP, SHE WAS IMMEDIATELY OVERWHELMED. SBI agents were crawling all over, giving statements to the public or just working on whatever they were working on, but it shook Talia up. She was trying to talk to whoever was in charge, to try to explain that they had the wrong guy. After she had woken up after her eventful night, she realized John B didn't deserve this. He wasn't the one responsible, it was Rafe. Son of Ward Cameron, who was basically god of the Outer Banks.

The more she thought about Rafe getting away with this and John B taking the fall, the angrier she got. She had decided, in the middle of the night, that she was going to the police in the morning to clear his name. She needed to do what she could to protect John B, she would never forgive herself if she didn't. Before she left the house her and John B had hid out in, she wrote a note saying that she was going to tell the truth and not to move until she got back.

Once she saw a group of the Kildare County police and SBI agents standing around a table, she knew that was where she needed to go. Those were the important people, and they needed to know the truth before they escalated a further manhunt. Before she could walk into a tent, an agent stopped her and said this part was for authorized personnel only, which made Talia even angrier.

"Is this all for John B? You have the wrong guy, sir." She told him as he pushed her back, farther from the tent.

"Look, official orders are for locals to shelter in place and report any sightings to law enforcement-" He began, but Talia cut him off.

"No, you don't understand. He's not armed or dangerous, I promise you. You're after the wrong guy. Please, I want to talk to someone in charge-" The man told her to relax, grabbing her more forcibly and pushing her towards the exit. She desperately told that she only wanted to talk to someone, but he continued to tell her to calm down and led her away. She stopped arguing with the agent when her eyes fell on a man in a tie, who looked important.

"Excuse me, Mr. SBI guy? My name is Talia Thornton and I was on the tarmac when Sheriff Peterkin was shot, I know what happened." Talia told him, still struggling to get out of the grasp of the agent. He walked towards her, looking intrigued. He motioned for the man to let go of her.

"How can I help you, ma'am?" The spiffy looking agent asked her, and she was about to explain when Ward Cameron burst through the tent.

"There you are! Oh my god, your mother has been worried sick and we've been looking all over for you. Come on-" He tried to pull her away, but she quickly ripped his arm out of his grasp.

"No-"

"Come on, we have to let these people do their jobs. I'm very sorry." Ward told the officers and Talia shouted for him to stop.

"John B didn't shoot Peterkin!" She yelled above Ward, making nearly everyone stop in their tracks. Ward shouted her name as she continued to struggle out of his grasp.