Small Peck

-Haneul POV-

I woke up about an hour and a half after we fell asleep last night. I had fallen asleep between Jungkook and Soomin while everyone was talking last night.

I got up quietly, since I noticed everyone else was still sound asleep. I headed to the kitchen and peeked out the balcony. There was a gorgeous pool that caught my eye.

Slowly, I opened it and walked into the large backyard. I sat on the edge of the pool, removed my socks and stuck my feet into the pool.

Refreshing.

I hummed in agreement with my thoughts. I leaned back, pressing my hands on the concrete behind me and looked at the sky. It looked like the sun was just about to rise. I closed my eyes and took in the heat and wind that were hitting my face simultaneously.

I felt the water move as if something had caused waves. At the same time, I felt a shadow form next to me. I opened my eyes and saw Jungkook, sitting beside me, now also with his feet in the water.

"Hello."

I smiled at him but didn't respond.

"Why are you awake?"

I looked at him, "I don't know actually. I kind of just woke up randomly and decided to come outside."

"You look very tired... you should be sleeping."

"What about you though? Why are you awake?"

"I guess your movement woke me up."

"Oh sorry, I tried not wake anyone up but I guess I failed."

He chuckled, "it's fine."

We sat in silence for some seconds as I looked around me and admired the view.

"You know, if I lived here I would spend all day in my backyard."

"Why the backyard? I would be in the arcade all day."

I turned to him but immediately squinted due to the sun in my eyes, "Well look around. The view is absolutely breathtaking."

"Oh. Yeah..."

I could feel his eyes on me as I continued looking at my surroundings. As awkward as I felt in the silence, I still wanted to enjoy the sound of the wind and the birds.

I flinched when I felt Jungkook's hand fall onto mine. Concurrently, he leaned his head on my shoulder. As soon as he felt me flinch he removed his hand from mine and lifted his head.

"Oh sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

It's funny how a simple action can turn years of friendship into an awkward and uncomfortable relationship. I don't want to have to avoid him like I do with Yoongi.

"No it's okay. I don't mind."

I smiled and wrapped my arm around his shoulder, pulling him closer to me. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he leaned his on my head.

"You know, you didn't give me a birthday present."

"Hm, the cake I helped bake didn't count?"

"Something extra would be nice though. Something personal. Don't you think?"

"I guess so... what do you have in mind?"

He looked down and smiled to himself. He looked back up at me before slightly turning his face away from me. He tapped his cheek repeatedly with his pointer finger.

It's just a friendly kiss on the cheek... right? I mean we already hug and things like that. But even that isn't normal here in South Korea. Whatever.

I leaned in and placed a small peck on his cheek. We both got flustered and shy. Out of panic I hid my face in his shoulder.

"Hey guys," Soomin said in the middle of a yawn.

I lifted my head and turned to look behind me. I stretched my hand toward her and made a motion for her to come. She walked toward us, careful not to stumble over herself.