𝑻𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒚 𝑭𝒊𝒗𝒆.

I 025. I

𝑯𝒐𝒓𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑺𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒅𝒔

❝ drop the sword ❞

ANOTHER ARGUMENT ENSUED. Ariadne wanted only her and Annabeth to go— Luke would most likely only listen to them. If anybody could get go to him or talk some sense into his head, it was them. But Percy wouldn't have it. He told her that either they all went together, or nobody went at all.

"Nobody!" Tyson suggested. "Please?"

He ended up coming along. They stopped at their cabin to grab their belongings before double-checking they had everything. Her ring was on her finger, the necklace in her bag, she had everything she needed.

Percy didn't want Tyson to carry anything but Annabeth insisted it was alright; Tyson could carry all three duffle bags over one shoulder with ease.

The group snuck around corners and down the halls, following the YOU ARE HERE signs in the direction of the admiralty suite. Annabeth used her Yankee's cap to become invisible and was their scout ahead. She quickly ran back and grabbed her friends and Tyson, hissing at them, "Hide!"

Ariadne ducked behind a door which was conveniently there. She didn't know where her friends were but she watched as the boys passed. Her eyes widened at the sight of one of them.

Her veins burned even more with anger.

Betrayal crossed her face once she noticed Chris Rodriguez. She had made a small friendship with him I've the years, conversing between capture the flag games and during the regular activities. He was incredibly nice. The boy was an undetermined camper who resided in the Hermes cabin, he was always quiet. But she realized he was quiet because he observed everything. And he was in the same cabin as Luke... it all made sense. If it wasn't their mission to be undetected and spy on Luke, she would jump out and beat the boy down.

How many other campers were spying on them for Kronos's side? Who had Luke influenced?

"You see that Aethipian drakon in the cargo hold?" he asked the other demigod next to him. The brunette didn't recognize the other boy and assumed he never made it to camp, she was saddened by that thought.

The other demigod laughed, "Yeah, it's awesome."

"I hear they got two more coming," Chris continued. "They keep arriving at this rate, oh man— no contest!"

Drakons were no joke. They were monsters the size of dragons— a millennia older— that could spit out acid and paralyze you with one look. Ariadne always said she could take one down but that was just fear talking, in reality, if she ever saw one she would run and hide.

But when Chris spork about camp and his friends— after she thought they were friends— it hurt her. Because while they were laughing about monsters, many campers were about to lose the only home they had known, no other place for them to go.

Ariadne didn't know where her friends were, only when she passed a large glass window did she actually stop. A group of monsters huddled around a young man in Greek armor who was hacking at a straw dummy which was covered in Camp Half-Blood's signature orange shirt. Among the group were what seemed like a dozen Laistrygonian giants, two Hellhounds and a few Scythian Dracaenae— Dragon Women— human females which had two spree to tails for legs.

Her legs drifted around and towards a set of double oak doors which were closed. She was so caught up in the sight of them and what could be behind it that she hadn't noticed the two, tall things. One placed a hand onto her shoulder, his nails— no, claws— digging into her skin.