𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER FORTY-THREE:VOLTERRA

VOLTERRA

"WHERE'D YOU GET THE car?" Bella asked. The three were now in Italy, Alice and Emma having traded seats. They were all in a yellow car that Alice had stolen from who knows where.

"I figured you wouldn't be opposed to grand theft auto." Alice responded, speeding down the streets at an ungodly speed limit.

"Not today." Bella responded. Emma watched the scenery fly by as they continued to draw closer and closer to Volterra. "How much time do we have?"

There was a pause as Alice was brought into a vision. Bella looked at her impatiently and Emma was keeping her focus on the road so that she could control the wheel if they were about to hit somebody. Alice came back, straightening out the car as she spoke. "They rejected him. He's waiting until noon, when the sun's at its highest. He's going to make the Volturi change their minds."

"Jesus." Emma huffed, running a hand through her hair. She looked out the window and glared at the sight of Volterra. "There's Volterra."

Alice pulled into the city, speeding around corners and honking the horn to warn pedestrians to move out of her way. Emma leaned back in her seat when she saw the many people dressed in red walking across the streets.

"Why are they all in red?" Bella asked, placing her hands up to her forehead as her stress levels continued to rise.

"St. Marco's Day festival." Alice answered. "They're commemorating the expulsion of vampires in the city. It's the perfect setting. The Volturi will never let him get far enough to reveal himself."

"Five minutes." Bella urged.

"I know." Alice calmly said. "Bella, just breathe."

"You having a panic attack will only make things much more complicated." Emma muttered from the back seat. Like Alice, Emma had sunglasses covering her eyes and a scarf wrapped around her neck. She had black gloves on her hands, and her hair that wasn't hidden by the scarf was covering most of her face.

They were stopped by a police and Bella quickly jumped out of the car before turning to look at Alice. "Alice!"

"Bella, you're the only one that can stop him." Alice told her, ignoring the man that was knocking on her window. "He'll read mine and Emma's thoughts and he'll think we're lying. He'll rush into it."

"Where do I go?" Bella urgently asked.

"Under the clock tower. Go!"

Bella quickly closed the door and ran away from the car. Alice rolled down the window as Emma managed to hop into the front seat. The officer told her where to go and Alice quickly backed up before speeding towards the location. She parked and the two vampires quickly exited the vehicle before speeding to where Bella and Edward were. Emma quickly broke the lock on the door, allowing she and Alice to slip into the building and away from the sunlight.